Why become a member? ×

*SOLD*Darkglass Alpha Omega £240*SOLD*
£280

Josh

Hey guys,

So I've had this for little under a month and unfortunately it's not quite the sound I was hoping to get for my current project. It's a fantastic pedal regardless and I can see why there is so much hype for this and other DG pedals, but alas they're just not for me :)

So I'd be interested in similarly priced overdrive/distortion pedals, maybe even a Sansamp Bass Driver.

[u][b]Pics:[/b][/u]

I'll get some more pics sorted soon, due to it's finish, it unfortunately scratches easily so even though I've looked after it, it already has a few scratches on the sides.

Price:

[b]SOLD[/b].

Any questions please just ask.

Thanks,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

Plenty of cool and unique offers so far, but I feel I should've been far more specific for what sound I have in mind. I've already received some very helpful info from Krispn about what was used by Glassjaws bassist on Worship & Tribute, but as a reference to those who might not have heard:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBs7vHYjEYI[/media]

That's roughly what I'm aiming for :)

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1504190264' post='3363287']
Indeed B7K, but the AO will get you very close with the right settings. Personally I question the need to trade the AO.
[/quote]

After using it for a recent recording a couple of days ago, me and the producer struggled to get a tone anywhere near to the Glassjaw tone, so we had to resort to Logic plug-ins to get the right tone. I've noticed across the DG pedal range they all share a similar core tone which seems very mid-rangey and have a slight fizziness to them which I know some love, but for me it stuck out too much on the recording no matter how we tried to tame it. I've read in the Alpha/Omega thread that there are those who the DG tone just doesn't work for and I might be one of them.

I was recommended a Sansamp after I was shown quite a few recordings of a friend using his, which to my ear sounded more right for me.

Josh. Maybe you could try a Behringer BDI21. Its a Sansamp BDDI clone and costs less than £30. To my ears it actually sounds better than the real deal, although now less versatile compared to the latest BDDI.

Edited by dave_bass5

It happens mate, perhaps a Tech21 XXL would do the trick for you. Worth checking some vids. Not sure if they still make them though.

[quote name='Josh' timestamp='1504192061' post='3363306']

After using it for a recent recording a couple of days ago, me and the producer struggled to get a tone anywhere near to the Glassjaw tone, so we had to resort to Logic plug-ins to get the right tone. I've noticed across the DG pedal range they all share a similar core tone which seems very mid-rangey and have a slight fizziness to them which I know some love, but for me it stuck out too much on the recording no matter how we tried to tame it. I've read in the Alpha/Omega thread that there are those who the DG tone just doesn't work for and I might be one of them.

I was recommended a Sansamp after I was shown quite a few recordings of a friend using his, which to my ear sounded more right for me.
[/quote]

Pretty sure the GJ WaT bass tone is a RAT, probably blended with clean? I can get pretty much bang-on this tone with my Jazz Bass and COG Knightfall (OCD derivative) in TK-421 (RAT derivative):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO92mekW7ts

Maybe consider the COG TK or something like the Fuzzrocious Rat Tail that lets you blend in a bit of clean? Probably will get you more in the ball-park, gnarly but not as glassy or fizzy as the DG.