Why become a member? ×

The Blingray 5 has left the building

Owen

Status MM5 neck with ultralites and a D tuner drilled for 6 bolt absolutely standard MM fitting. £340 new - that is what the bare undrilled neck costs from Status. This has (fitted by Status) Hipshot licenced Ultralite machine heads from a Lak Skyline and a US D-tuner and was drilled by Status for body fiitting - that all added up to another £200. £340 as it is

2 x Nordstrand MM5.3 - £99 new each. £60 each .

Badass V slotted for MM5 spacing - £50

East MM-preamp with sweepable mid £140 new - £80.

Edited by owen

[attachment=15367:Frony.jpg]
[attachment=15363:Full.jpg]
[attachment=15364:Side_flame.jpg]
[attachment=15365:BEM_close.jpg]
[attachment=15366:Side_front.jpg]

>to confirm, your selling a bass with an ash with birdseye maple top body with a fretted status neck??

Yep! :)

The reality is that I would love £650, but it is such an odball to price that I just don't know if that would fly.

I was honestly expecting to part it out, and that is kind of about what it would come to.

If someone wants to give me £650 then I would be happy to ship it to their door.

I am in Bangor, North Wales.

[quote name='Exile252' post='318703' date='Oct 30 2008, 10:47 PM']Oh.... So what bass did the body come from lol. Because it looks fantastic.[/quote]

<sigh>

Quote from 1st post - "A long time ago I bought a Stingray 5 (on a 4 hour detour on my honeymoon. How my new wife laughed!). I then bought a MM fretless neck for it. I then made a template from the body (ash + luscious birds eye maple 1/4" cap with a subtle rosewood veneer coachline between both) and bolted the the fretless neck to that and flogged the original Ray 5."

In case anyone thinks that I am getting arsey here, I know Mr 252 very well :)

[quote name='owen' post='318714' date='Oct 31 2008, 12:05 AM']<sigh>

Quote from 1st post - "A long time ago I bought a Stingray 5 (on a 4 hour detour on my honeymoon. How my new wife laughed!). I then bought a MM fretless neck for it. I then made a template from the body (ash + luscious birds eye maple 1/4" cap with a subtle rosewood veneer coachline between both) and bolted the the fretless neck to that and flogged the original Ray 5."

In case anyone thinks that I am getting arsey here, I know Mr 252 very well :)[/quote]

I'm being thick here!?!?! So you got a hunk of wood and carved the body yourself???

[quote name='Golchen' post='318792' date='Oct 31 2008, 08:20 AM']I'm being thick here!?!?! So you got a hunk of wood and carved the body yourself???[/quote]

The body was made by a local luthier who did all the technical stuff and then I did the grunt sanding work :)

I have my eyes on another bass now and will send this to your door for £550

[quote name='owen' post='318838' date='Oct 31 2008, 10:05 AM']I have my eyes on another bass now and will send this to your door for £550[/quote]

I've just spent half an hour working out if I can afford this, and I probably can...if I don't want to eat next month :) it's a real toss up between eating and buying this bass, seriously...