Why become a member? ×

Thunderbird Zebra - would you????

op76

[quote name='op76' post='317464' date='Oct 29 2008, 12:09 PM'][attachment=15335:Gibbo_Th...rstripes.jpg]Assuming no quality issues (and the price!), would you ever be tempted...[/quote]

Can't say I'm tempted - the two zebrano wings glued to something else looks a bit daft to me

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='317547' date='Oct 29 2008, 01:47 PM']I've never really liked the look of Zebrano. I think it looks tacky, especially on a copy. Might look ok on a nice bespoke bass though...[/quote]

Check the Warwick Streamer in my Zebrano Wideboy 5 build thread. Oh, and the build itself. I *hope* it'll look ok on a nice bespoke bass :)

[quote name='neepheid' post='317593' date='Oct 29 2008, 02:28 PM']Check the Warwick Streamer in my Zebrano Wideboy 5 build thread. Oh, and the build itself. I *hope* it'll look ok on a nice bespoke bass :)[/quote]
Actually, yours does look quite nice. I could be converted...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='318481' date='Oct 30 2008, 04:28 PM']Copy? That's a gibson mate :)

But no, i'd never even buy a thunderbird to begin with, least of all that one![/quote]
So that's one who likes, and a whole lot more that don't!
For £1,299 you could get a lot more for your money. Still would like a thunderbird in white though....

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='318814' date='Oct 31 2008, 09:18 AM']I hope it's chambered or something.

Zebrano weighs a ton.

Good tone, though![/quote]

It's only the wings which are zebrano, it will be heavier than a regular mahogany thunderbird but I don't think by enough to warrant chambering. Might actually help it balance better with the body being a bit heavier :)

[quote name='budget bassist' post='318481' date='Oct 30 2008, 04:28 PM']Copy? That's a gibson mate :)

But no, i'd never even buy a thunderbird to begin with, least of all that one![/quote]
Oops! just assumed it was a copy because it looks so tacky! It would look better if the front was continuous Zebrano. That just looks wrong to me. And tacky. :huh:

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' post='320221' date='Nov 2 2008, 03:41 PM']Oops! just assumed it was a copy because it looks so tacky! It would look better if the front was continuous Zebrano. That just looks wrong to me. And tacky. :)[/quote]
+1, it would look much better if it was continuous zebrano, rather then 2 pieces glued to a different wood in the middle.
Zach