Why become a member? ×

Marleaux Constat Fretless 5 TRADED

bassjamm

Hi guys,

Considering moving my Marleaux Constat Fretless 5 string on, looking for a trade more so than a sale as i've only got this at the moment.

It's an awesome lined fretless from one of the top luthiers around, although i'm sure you all already knew that.

[b]TRADED[/b]

Pics:

I've owned it since March 2007 and bought it new at the time. It's in good condition, it has been gigged but it's been looked after throughout it's life.

Any questions or trade offers, pm me.

Thanks
Jamie

Edited by bassjamm

[quote name='Toasted' post='317077' date='Oct 28 2008, 08:55 PM']This is a great fretless. My only issue is that I could never sound as good as Jamie on it.[/quote]

Man...that's a bold statement, thanks!!! But i can assure, i don't make it sound good, it makes me sound good :)

got an ea iamp 350 with buzzing problems, and a schroeder 1210 in a bit of a sorry state. artisan electric upright. a nice mountain bike. thats about it unless other peoples family members are your thing!

Edited by wotnwhy

Bump for a great bass. I tried this bass when I bought another off bassjamm. It [i]totally[/i] changed my perspective on Marleauxs, as clips I'd heard had turned me off their tone. However this bass has been one of only three basses whose tone has stuck in my mind and stuck out above other basses (that I don't already own :)). I also highly recommend bassjamm as a bassist to deal with.

Mark

[quote name='bassjamm' post='328714' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:27 PM']I'm considering having this fretted so if you feel that's wrong then please send me a pm offering me something to stop me :)[/quote]

I have, but putting your fingers in your ears and going la la la isnt helping my GAS.....

Emphatically NO dont get it fretted, but then its your bass so if it'll mean you keep it and use it, and being fretless is the only reason you want to let it go then you have answered your own queery?

Surely?

[quote name='The Burpster' post='329235' date='Nov 14 2008, 04:37 PM']I have, but putting your fingers in your ears and going la la la isnt helping my GAS.....

Emphatically NO dont get it fretted, but then its your bass so if it'll mean you keep it and use it, and being fretless is the only reason you want to let it go then you have answered your own queery?

Surely?[/quote]

Lol...sorry mate :) If i thought your bass was my ideal thing i'd snap it up off you!!!

I do think it's a bit voodoo, i must admit, but i also think i'd find the dream tone should it grow some metal inserts that we folk call fretwire...mwahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahaha!!!

• 8 months later...

[quote name='Mickb1773' post='554296' date='Jul 28 2009, 06:54 PM']Any interest in this and obviously cash your way,
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362&hl=euro"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362&hl=euro[/url]
All the best,
Mick.[/quote]

PM'd you mate.