Why become a member? ×

Covers band, drummer getting bored...

uk_lefty

Is your drummer still with the band?

Yes he's still very much with the band. No risk of him going, I only raise the question because now he's mentioned it I don't want it to become a problem later. Being in a covers band of five we always have loads of new suggestions floating around, which is great, but it's hard to cover everyone's wants while ensuring we satisfy our core audience.

Sounds like the drummer is bored with what he is playing. Or maybe he's just bored with you guys all playing the same lines in the same songs.

Do you ever swap the set around? Get him to change his drum patterns. Work on some better arrangements. Add a few better songs.

You don't need to throw the baby out. . . etc, just liven up what you already do.

sounds to me that he is bored with your band, or more likely the music you play.

Throw some Rush and some jazz at him.

There isn't much you can do without changeing your repertoire which doesn't seem a possibility from what you say.

Let him bring in 2 or 3 new songs and see how they fit in with the setlist maybe?

[quote name='Phil Starr' timestamp='1490256047' post='3263578']
In the end though most of the great British public can't dance to anything in an unusual time signature so most of your set is always going to be 4/4 with the emphasis on 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.
[/quote]

... cough ...

[url="http://youtu.be/A_WAvi4ikCU"]http://youtu.be/A_WAvi4ikCU[/url]