Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

1 hour ago, Jezyorkshire said:

I made an offer of £200 which was automatically turned down

I'd be looking for a bit more too - it looks in great nick, it's arguably the most desirable finish for a BB414, one (not orange) recently went for £215...  However, time's ticking and no bids...

12 hours ago, Dean Vincent said:

You might get it for £150 instead.

Come on, who’s bidding first? The tension is killing me.

A white one, which is the other best colour, just popped up on FB marketplace in Nottingham too.

I really don’t need two. Or three.

13 hours ago, Dean Vincent said:

You might get it for £150 instead.

Unlikely, judging by the school of piranhas swimming around it now, currently pointing and laughing at the turning down of the £200 offer, but will no doubt start nibbling soon.

1 hour ago, neepheid said:

Unlikely, judging by the school of piranhas swimming around it now, currently pointing and laughing at the turning down of the £200 offer, but will no doubt start nibbling soon.

I was expecting them to make counter offer lol

4 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Could have, under no obligation to do so, didn't.

I'm shrugging as I write this.

Your right, I’ve sold plenty of stuff on eBay and always made a counter offer to people, I should remember that we can’t expect everyone to be as lovely as myself !

• Haha 1

BB fans, I guess anyone who wants a BBP34 should quickly buy one as the new MK II (two existing finishes plus two new finishes - moonlight blue and vintage white. Not sure if there are any other differences between MKI and II) comes with a hefty price tag - £2.5k. I mean, really? The now "old" MKI can still be purchased for £1.6k/£1.5k. Crazy times 😞

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/yamaha-bbp34-mij-bass-guitar-in-midnight-blue    

• Confused 1

Am thinking about upgrading the preamp on my BB2005, which is feeling a little tired on what is, otherwise, a great bass.

Any of you swapped out the preamp on your active Yamahas and could recommend me something that worked well?

Hey guys,

I currently own a BB434 and a BB714 BS and love both, but I would like to hear your for feedback on purchasing a 1024x versus a 734A. 

I found a used 1024X for similar price of a new 734A, and the 734A is basically the same as the 434 except the preamp and a few tweaks, so thinking that a 1024x would make more sense.

What I wanted in fact was to buy a used BBP34 (because the new is too expensive) but they are non-existent where I live so I am thinking the 1024X would be a good mid ground option.

What would you do?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Hawk600 said:

Hey guys,

I currently own a BB434 and a BB714 BS and love both, but I would like to hear your for feedback on purchasing a 1024x versus a 734A. 

I found a used 1024X for similar price of a new 734A, and the 734A is basically the same as the 434 except the preamp and a few tweaks, so thinking that a 1024x would make more sense.

What I wanted in fact was to buy a used BBP34 (because the new is too expensive) but they are non-existent where I live so I am thinking the 1024X would be a good mid ground option.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Having played all that you’ve mentioned (except the BBP34) my choice would be the BB1024/x. 

• Like 1