Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
MacDaddy

RIP Chuck Berry

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1489911400' post='3260669']
Some people might add he was a pervert and one of the nastiest human beings on the planet. But, yes, musically the world would be a very different place but for his genius.
[/quote]a flawed genius for sure, but I can't help but listen to Chuck Berry without a smile on my face, and 90 is a pretty good innings, saw him about 20 years ago, it was one of those gigs that was exactly what I was expecting, right down to the white crimplene flairs, a treasured memory

Posted (edited)
[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1489881878' post='3260602']
An originator and a pioneer the like of which doesn't exist anymore. RIP.
[/quote]

[size=5][size=4][color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Deep down in Louisiana close to New Orleans,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Way back up in the woods among the evergreens[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]There stood a log cabin made of earth and wood,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Where lived a country boy named Johnny B. Goode[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Who never ever learned to read or write so well,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]But he could play a guitar just like a ringing a bell.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial][i][Chorus:][/i][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Go Go[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Go, Johnny, go, go[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Johnny B. Goode[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Or sit beneath the tree by the railroad track.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Oh, the engineers would see him sitting in the shade,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Strumming with the rhythm that the drivers made.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]The people passing by, they would stop and say,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]"Oh, my, but that little country boy could play!"[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial][i][Chorus][/i][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]His mother told him, "Someday you will be a man,[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]And you will be the leader of a big old band.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Many people coming from miles around[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]To hear you play your music when the sun go down.[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Maybe someday your name will be in lights[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Saying 'Johnny B. Goode tonight'.[/font][/color][/size][/size]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Arial]Goodbye Chuck and thanks for soooo many memories[/font][/color] Edited by essexbasscat

To quote Bob Seegar; "All Chuck's children are out there playin' his licks"

He left is mark on all of us. Yes, RIP brother.