Why become a member? ×

NBD - awww it's a MiM Jazz weighing in at 9½lbs

MisterT

Bit late to the Fender party for me and it's the first time I've experienced nose dive but I'm loving the tone & playability of this thing. A lot.

The open A buzzes a bit at the nut when you play medium+ attack and I do.

It stops when you press on the nut and only happens on that string and only open. Is it possible that the thing needs to settle down a bit? Brand new out of the box from PMT Leeds yesterday, haven't had time to post til now as it was NBD x 2 yesterday.... new boiler. I mean the water heating variety, I've not swapped to a new Mrs T, this one lets me buy bass things :)

Btw, the 9.5lbs thing in the title was just a newborn thing, I've not actually weighed it but it's not heavy.

Thanks for the tips - didn't think about no. of winds but it's 2 or 3 winds on all strings. I'm not able to feel any difference between the strings on my Cort which are 45 - 105.

I might ring PMT, see if they'll chuck me a set of heavier strings instead of faffing about with it. If it still does it, they can sort it.

[quote name='jezzaboy' timestamp='1487432191' post='3239777']lovely looking Cort as well. How good is it? [/quote]

It's great, I have a love / hate thing with it though. The electronics boost the EQ into a driven sound if you crank the mids and the bass. Some might like this but it's not like a pedal drive, it's more farty. But then it's really capable of some great tones and wide-ranging too. The finish on these spalted maple ones is impressive and it doesn't nose dive. More love than hate - I just don't like the way I have to dial a bad noise out, I'd like to crank it and not think. There's GisserD on here who I think doesn't have this issue with his 5-string (I think it's him, someone replied in my thread from a few months ago anyway).

[quote name='geoffbyrne' timestamp='1487439921' post='3239849']be sure to wind the string down the way instead of up.[/quote]

Could you explain this... not following or just overthinking it.