Why become a member? ×

Anybody tried these??

TheGreek

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1485550295' post='3224945']
I don't get through strings really but Rotos die really quickly for me.
[/quote]

Same here, Roto's die within a gig with me. Wish I was joking too. No other strings I've used do this.

Edited by 40hz

[quote name='40hz' timestamp='1485552023' post='3224958']

Same here, Roto's die within a gig with me. Wish I was joking too. No other strings I've used do this.
[/quote]

I got a free set thrown in with my Fender Jazz, they didn't have my normal strings so I took the free Rotos, I kept them on for a few months even though the zing had gone after the first gig, once I fitted some green ernie balls it was awesome, I think they might still be on it over a year later!

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1485543179' post='3224862']
I use rotas quite a bit and they seem to stay bright for ages but I don't sweat much or play heavy
[/quote]
Same as you, I guess some people's sweaty fingers must kill some strings but I use Legacy (really Rotosounds repackaged) and they keep a level tone for ages.

• 1 year later...

I have tried these on one of my short scale basses and they are awful, feel great, nice tension, BUT they ring a quarter or more of a tone sharp when you pluck them before settling to the correct pitch so you sound like your intonation is out and I started doubting my bass, my technique etc... I am not the only one, read what Scott Whitley has to say about them on his shortscalebass.co.uk web site where he writes about strings

I have the RS88 Tru bass black nylon tapewounds on my (home made) fretless short scale and they are better, but if anyone has found a flatwound that will definitely work on a 726mm (28.6", eg Ibanez Mikro, J&D Shorty) short scale bass with good intonation and that old skool sound please post up