Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger Fusion 550

Damonjames

It's actually about the right price for a courier shipment from the States, but I'm currently implementing an improvement project for my company's spares management, and this is an appalling spares policy.

10 hours ago, Graham said:

It's actually about the right price for a courier shipment from the States, but I'm currently implementing an improvement project for my company's spares management, and this is an appalling spares policy.

It appears that they don’t really have a spares policy!!! Pretty much everything gets ordered from GK on request. 

Having said that, I think they DID have the replacement handles for my neo cabs after the springs went 😂

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, gt4ever said:

Still not received the goods!  It is such a crazy system, I really can’t understand how they allow their customers to be treated like this.  Been using my back breaking back up rig for what seems like months now.  Can’t tell you how p155ed I am.

What a bummer!  That must really take the edge off owning a good amp.

Trouble is that I can dial into all the tones I crave for with my fusion 550 and my modulus but as good as it is, the pain of not having it, and having to do many parties and weddings without it, has left me feeling crippled.  I have saved and saved for 20 years to get the rig I’d dreamed of, and be treated like this. Shame on them.

50 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

What exactly is it you are waiting on mate?

The mains transformer.  New part was ordered on 21st June and given 8-10 week lead time.  I am still waiting...It's now nearly 15 weeks and counting.

Edited by gt4ever

The girlfriend contacted GK last Christmas about buying me a GK-branded tshirt as a present. They put her on to Polar, Polar were awful, slow and dismissive. She ended up buying a snide one on ebay, which is kind of a shame because we don't really 'do' fake stuff and it means GK lost a sale, however small.

It's a shame that they really give GK such a bad reputation in Europe, whilst everyone in America just rings Jason at GK and gets great service the same day.

• 4 weeks later...

Bu99er - I'm just about to collect/pay the balance tomorrow on an 800 that's from our FS forum!  What should I do?  Is the 800 of similar design (and unreliability?) to the 550?  Presumably it generates more heat so could potentially be worse 😲

Edited by scrumpymike

1 hour ago, Kirky said:

IME the GK stuff isn't unreliable at all.  I've owned 4 and never had a real problem.  Its just their suppliers here in the UK are a bit, um, sub-optimal.

Hey Kirky, thanks for those carefully chosen words of reassurance.  It's probably the case that the OP has just been very unlucky, although I'm sure that doesn't make him feel any better.  GK should be ashamed of themselves and of their UK rep.

3 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Bu99er - I'm just about to collect/pay the balance tomorrow on an 800 that's from our FS forum!  What should I do?  Is the 800 of similar design (and unreliability?) to the 550?  Presumably it generates more heat so could potentially be worse 😲

Mate rest easy. The 800 is a completely different beast. GK is renowned for being very reliable, but like equipment it can fail. I have also had issues with polar (the gk authorised repairer) and they are terrible. 

They are in stock in the USA, I have checked. It shouldn’t have taken anywhere near this long

• 4 weeks later...