Why become a member? ×

Adrian Maruszczyk.

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1479756518' post='3179053']
There has been alot of excitment about his basses. One of which I own and it is just superb. But his playing is also very cool. Reminds me of Bobby Vega. I'm wondering if he plays guitar also. ? Anyways lovely playing. [media]http://youtu.be/yTJcVIyhvtM[/media]
[/quote]

Yes. Always loved his playing. No winging it from him - He knows his stuff for sure.
Lovely feel.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1479817507' post='3179483']
What was the spec Conan?
[/quote]

I hadn't quite got as far as exact details, but the main one would be colour: purple with matching headstock! Passive, maple board with pearl blocks, probably his own pickups (as I've heard very good reports about them) or EMGs... I'm still pondering! :gas:

Oh, and four string. B) A bit like this one.....

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1479821164' post='3179528']

I hadn't quite got as far as exact details, but the main one would be colour: purple with matching headstock! Passive, maple board with pearl blocks, probably his own pickups (as I've heard very good reports about them) or EMGs... I'm still pondering! :gas:

[/quote]Megasexy. Pearl blocks for sure. Not EMG,s they are way too glassy for a jazz bass imo

[/quote]

That is a gorgeous colour, my band would hate it if I played one like that though :D

[/quote]

Ooooh, that looks stunning! :o

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1479822420' post='3179543']
Not EMG,s they are way too glassy for a jazz bass imo
[/quote]

I have to say I do like that glassy sound, but if you install the passive tone control too and wind it back a bit you can get right back to vintage warm. Guy Pratt's Jazz is loaded with EMGs and is a great example :)

I like the Nordstrand Singles too and if Aguilar's offering sounds as good as their DCB pickups then those would be cool to try out in a Jazz.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1479824233' post='3179563']
That is a gorgeous colour, my band would hate it if I played one like that though :D
[/quote]

It is a bit on the "pink" side... I'd prefer something more like the "purple flake" Modulus, but without the flake. G&L do a lovely purple as an option...