Why become a member? ×

Ear Plugs - Flare Audio Isolate

gs_triumph

After reading the blurb I can believe that they make fairly efficient sound isolators but I wouldn't like to guess at the quality of the sound that does get through.

I should be careful what I say though. I believe he hit the speakeplans forum with a lawsuit after the members there systematically pulled apart his many claims.

Edited by AndrewJordan

I've got a pair of the aluminium ones, I find them excellent compared to the normal one size fits all Alpine/Er20 etc. I can still hear everything but at a vastly reduced level. Can't say if they compare to custom moulded but for their price I'm very happy. And we play LOUD.

[quote name='doomed' timestamp='1478164891' post='3167172']
I've got a pair of the aluminium ones, I find them excellent compared to the normal one size fits all Alpine/Er20 etc. I can still hear everything but at a vastly reduced level. Can't say if they compare to custom moulded but for their price I'm very happy. And we play LOUD.
[/quote]

bought 'em.

thanks for that

I don't doubt it'll work as an ear plug to block noise. But how good are day to hear the band onstage? The graphs don't look that promising with that steep drop at 1KHz.
ACS don't need to worry, I think.
The blurb sounds just like a teleshopping channel, which does nothing to remove my scepticism...

Used them yesterday for a very noisy blues bash. I wasn't expecting much - they appear to be a solid piece of metal, with a rubber earpiece...no sign of any filter etc. They worked very well, a lot of volume reduction but enough definition to know what was going on. Fine for two hours or so, but like earbud headphones, I think extended wearing could get a bit uncomfortable.

Pretty good so far, but not replacements for the proper moulds.