Why become a member? ×

The World's FUNNIEST Bassist! :-)

Cabal

NOTE: The original video has now been removed and replaced with something even funnier. :-)

Just remember folks, “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”

Cheers,

Jake M

Edited by Jake_M

According to comments on that, it is Nigel Clutterbuck, a demo for Rotosound. There's an older thread on him, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10803&hl=clutterbuck"]here[/url].

Not my thing, to be honest - turning bass in to a spectator sport. :)

I think this guy is trying too hard. [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x_J8ObuMSwc"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x_J8ObuMSwc[/url] and here he is again [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1aZCyTh6A&feature=related"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1aZCyTh6A&...feature=related[/url]

Edited by markytbass

[quote name='bnt' post='299668' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:42 PM']According to comments on that, it is Nigel Clutterbuck, a demo for [color="#FF0000"]Rotosound[/color]. There's an older thread on him, [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=10803&hl=clutterbuck"]here[/url].[/quote]
Ahhh, so that's why the bass sound so clangy and well.... sh*t.

[quote name='Jake_M' post='299658' date='Oct 4 2008, 11:22 PM']As a follow up to the "fastest bass guitarist in the world" thread, and another i saw somewhere along the lines of "is it possible to be too good", check out the guy in the vid below.

I nearly split my sides. Haven't laughed so much since the Wicker Man remake. Not the effect he had in mind i'll wager. :-)

Cheers,

Jake M[/quote]

I think he is damn good, if I could play like that the stuff I do play would be super easy.

I always think drunk Fat Mike is funny.

[quote name='Jase' post='299703' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:13 AM']Never ceases to amaze me the amount of negative tripe that people post when ever there is a bass player doing something that a lot of us wouldn't mind being involved with.......A "Major Company" demo!!!!![/quote]
+1000

I fail to see anything funny...hes doing a job.

[quote name='ARGH' post='299766' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:02 AM']+1000

I fail to see anything funny...hes doing a job.[/quote]

.....badly..... Sad thing is the folks on the Rotosound stand probably think he's doing a great job. If he actually played something instead of mindless, toneless fret w**king, he might actually do what he's been employed to do and draw interest to the stand.

[quote name='bassman2790' post='299778' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:34 AM'].....badly..... Sad thing is the folks on the Rotosound stand probably think he's doing a great job. If he actually played something instead of mindless, toneless fret w**king, he might actually do what he's been employed to do and draw interest to the stand.[/quote]

What ever we think of that particular performance, good or bad......what I'm saying is there's hardly anything constructive said.....I split my sides......I loved the part when they walked past him......ahh, that's why his tone is sh*te!

For example, Some of us know very little about this chap, it'd be really great if people would pass links on, does he have a band, has he made an album? Instead of the usual slagging lots of players get here!

[quote name='Jase' post='299923' date='Oct 5 2008, 03:10 PM']What ever we think of that particular performance, good or bad......what I'm saying is there's hardly anything constructive said.....I split my sides......I loved the part when they walked past him......ahh, that's why his tone is sh*te!

For example, Some of us know very little about this chap, it'd be really great if people would pass links on, does he have a band, has he made an album? Instead of the usual slagging lots of players get here![/quote]
Sorry Jase, i'm not trying to get up anyone's goat, but i really did split my sides. :-)

I'm sure he's a much better technical player than i'll ever be and all that, and a nice guy to boot, but it sounds like a record played at 78 rpm to me. Its that "one louder" thing. If a bloke plays fast, then the next bloke just has to play faster, until we end up with this. Sorry, but that's funny to me, and to be serious for a minute, i think its constructive to point it out.

I refuse to accept that just because its "technically brilliant" (if it is), i have to like it. Its not a personal attack, but as far as i'm concerned, if you're going to play like this in public, then you should be prepared to take some criticism.

Cheers,

Jake M

Edited by Jake_M

If I imagine myself in that position, I think I would see myself as more of an ambassador for the product. Maybe that was done, too, but isn't shown in that video. Slapping alone, no matter how good, is a poor advertisement for Rotosound strings, in my opinion. They play an important role in the history of modern bass, as the first roundwounds, and they have the whole Entwistle / Squire / McCartney legacy to hark back to.

By way of comparison, I saw Stu Hamm demo Hartke amps at a show, years ago. He actually talked about the amps, demonstrated tones and settings - then showed off a little. The funny thing was... I'd heard him play before, so it was nothing new to me, but I was impressed by the way he changed the strings on his Fender before the demo. All four strings swapped and tuned, in under a minute! :)

Edited by bnt

[quote name='bassman2790' post='299778' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:34 AM'].....badly..... Sad thing is the folks on the Rotosound stand probably think he's doing a great job. If he actually played something instead of mindless, toneless fret w**king, he might actually do what he's been employed to do and draw interest to the stand.[/quote]
Bullshit,HES GETTING PAID!

[quote name='Deep Thought' post='300025' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:22 PM']Folks, I give you...Den from Bad News Tour!
[/quote]
'One bloody sausage? - It says [b]sausages[/b] up there...'

Lets face it chaps, none of them are [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vi1aYLAZ7ho"]Brian Fox[/url] though are they?

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='Jase' post='299703' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:13 AM']Never ceases to amaze me the amount of negative tripe that people post when ever there is a bass player doing something that a lot of us wouldn't mind being involved with.......A "Major Company" demo!!!!![/quote]

Well Jake did invite us to check out the video, and this is a discussion forum so what's wrong with people expressing their opinions and discussing the video?
I didn't enjoy it at all, although I didn't find it funny.
Of course he's getting paid; and I'm depping on New Year's Eve playing indie/rock music, some of which I don't like much, because I [b]need[/b] the money.