Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

There's no way those Spider cases will ever fall apart, they are SOLID. I got the medium size one, but now use a Pedaltrain Jr with a soft case as it's easier to carry round on public transport. The Pedaltrain Jr sits snug inside with enough room spare down the side for a large volume pedal or something, so I'm hanging onto it so I can use it for extra protection if needed!

The MXR, GT2 and Behringer are all in the LS-2's A loop (I don't use the B loop at all, not even for clean blend). The LS-2, Bass Driver DI, Harley Benton EQ and Cool Cat are all in the NS-2's loop. The TU-2 proceeds the NS-2 at the start of the chain, the Harley Benton Limiter is at the end of the chain after the NS-2.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='252074' date='Jul 31 2008, 02:46 PM']Nice, but don't you think the LS-2 is overkill for just a bypass loop?[/quote]

Yeah definitely, it's just a temp fix left over from when I'd blend my GT-2 rather than just add an EQ after it. My looper arrived this morning to replace the LS-2, but I'm too lazy to hook it up just yet.

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

I think I might use the LS-2 to blend the Cool Cat with a clean signal, along with with a flanger or phaser and my DD-3 when I get a bigger board. Or maybe just save it for when I get another Whammy.

Edited by redzombie

The LS-2 is a very useful pedal. You could use it to switch between two different volume levels - useful for overdriving dirt pedals.

My tip would be to put the LS-2 at the end of the chain, put just the limiter in one loop, and nothing in the other, and blend the two.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='252102' date='Jul 31 2008, 03:31 PM']The LS-2 is a very useful pedal. You could use it to switch between two different volume levels - useful for overdriving dirt pedals.

My tip would be to put the LS-2 at the end of the chain, put just the limiter in one loop, and nothing in the other, and blend the two.[/quote]

Cheers for the tips mate, that's something I'd not considered trying. I'm pretty happy with my limiter as is, but I'll give it a shot, perhaps I might like it even more.

Since you mention about switching volume levels, I may use it for switching between my active and my passive bass. My passive is my backup, so if I break a string during a gig, the LS-2 could potentially save me having to muck about with levels mid-gig.

Either way, it's certainly a very handy pedal as you say and I've no intention of ever getting rid of mine, I've already made that mistake once (not just with the LS-2 either) :)

Despite my claims last year that my pedalboard was "pretty much perfect", I've been doing some tweaking. No pics yet (as I'm waiting for the last pedal to arrive) but it's pretty similar. Just horribly untidy but it was the only way I could fit everything on. The layout's better though, and pretty much all the pedals are pretty accessible.

Bass -> Catalinbread Serrano Picoso (to negate output discrepancy between Warwick and Pedulla) -> EBS Multicomp -> Red Onion Triple Loop (w/Tuner Mute -> Korg DT-10)

Looper Channel α: Digitech Whammy IV -> EMMA Discombobulator

Looper Channel β: Boss LS-2 [Channel A] -> Akai Deep Impact -> DHA VT-2 Dual Bass Custom -> MXR Blowtorch -> Boss LS-2 [Channel B] -> Boss OC-3 -> EHX Big Muff Pi (Russian) -> Boss ODB-3 -> Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B

Looper Channel γ: Subdecay Noisebox -> MXR Phase 90 (w/Resistor and Tremolo Mod) -> Boss DD-6

Edited by Muse_Cubed

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pic...

I should really sort out the cabling. It's a bigger mess than usual because I took just a few pedals to a rehearsal on Thursday and I haven't been bothered to rewire it in a tidy way. It doesn't really get [i]much[/i] tidier though if I'm honest. :)

Signal goes:

Bypass looper (around EHX Bass Micro Synth) -> Robot Factory Meatwad -> Bassballs -> DOD 490 Phasor -> Boss CEB-3 -> Tuner

In the Meatwad's FX loop there's the Boss LS-2 with a Boss OC-2 in one channel and the Robot Factory Pulse Synth -> MXR Blowtorch -> Pickle Pie 'B' in the other channel.

The exp. pedal is on the Meatwad of course.

Still got room for an Octavius Squeezer... Would prefer to downsize my board a bit though, really.

Ok, maybe mine isn't so horribly untidy :) I just tape the cables down with tape (at the moment I'm using orange biohazard tape even though it's really not sticky at all. Looks good though). I guess you could also use cable ties with cable tie anchors which is how I tidy up my internal PC cabling.

I don't really want to go tying cables together anyway - I quite often shift bits around or only take a couple of pedals out with me - I use the board more for storage. Good thing too - it's heavy as hell.

The patch cables I'm using are really stiff - that's the main problem. They're good cables, but too stiff. If I could be bothered to make up cables to the right lengths that would sort it out, but I'm thinking about getting George L's connectors for a lot of it because stuff like the LS-2 is a big pain in my arse with those six right-angle jacks sticking out of it.

Pedal board spending is on hold for now though, got holidays and tax bills and stuff eating all my money at the moment. :)

[quote name='Matty' post='259065' date='Aug 9 2008, 10:36 PM']Is that one of the Gator Pro cases?
To right its heavy.
I walked from Kentish town Station to the Fiddler's elbow (a good half mile+) with a fully loaded one of them last night.
I still dont have functioning elbows :)[/quote]

Yeah they're not for walking with. But they don't have hard cases either, so what [i]are[/i] they for? Who knows!

Maybe they were intended as instruments of torture.

[quote name='Muse_Cubed' post='258622' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:57 PM']Despite my claims last year that my pedalboard was "pretty much perfect", I've been doing some tweaking. No pics yet (as I'm waiting for the last pedal to arrive) but it's pretty similar. Just horribly untidy but it was the only way I could fit everything on. The layout's better though, and pretty much all the pedals are pretty accessible.

Bass -> Catalinbread Serrano Picoso (to negate output discrepancy between Warwick and Pedulla) -> EBS Multicomp -> Red Onion Triple Loop (w/Tuner Mute -> Korg DT-10)

Looper Channel α: Digitech Whammy IV -> EMMA Discombobulator

Looper Channel β: Boss LS-2 [Channel A] -> Akai Deep Impact -> DHA VT-2 Dual Bass Custom -> MXR Blowtorch -> Boss LS-2 [Channel B] -> Boss OC-3 -> EHX Big Muff Pi (Russian) -> Boss ODB-3 -> Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B

Looper Channel γ: Subdecay Noisebox -> MXR Phase 90 (w/Resistor and Tremolo Mod) -> Boss DD-6[/quote]

Is your LS-2 blending the two loops or switching between?

Heres mine... seems quite simple compared to some on here, but it makes most of the noises i want.

Atm its;

Custom looper thing > Electronix Messdrive > Behringer Bass Eq > Boss AW3 > Boss HF2 > Analogman Chorus > Akai Headrush > back to the looper thing... I use a boss TU2 aswell, but don't have it on the board.

Would like to add a bass wah and an alternative distortion or od, and possible a volume pedal.

Alex.

[attachment=11907:DSC00137.JPG]

Edited by aj5string

i miss all my colourful pedals, but tbh i just dont use effects anymore, just add a bit of light grit with my DHA, and some heavier overdrive with my odb-3, n thats about it. i only really use the zoom as a tuner and a limiter.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='259736' date='Aug 11 2008, 09:52 AM']Is your LS-2 blending the two loops or switching between?[/quote]

Depends entirely on the song really. I usually blend the Big Muff (either with clean or with the Blowtorch or something) but I've set up the loops with all that in mind.

[quote]i miss all my colourful pedals, but tbh i just dont use effects anymore, just add a bit of light grit with my DHA, and some heavier overdrive with my odb-3, n thats about it. i only really use the zoom as a tuner and a limiter.[/quote]

Shame, I loved your chameleon pedal board :) What are you playing these days?

Edited by Muse_Cubed