Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

This is the present board - guitar rather than bass, but some effects are dual purpose. It will change when the mooer effects arrive (the PB&J will go) and I recable it.

Current order J&H>Cool Cat fuzz>PB&J>Tremelo>volume pedal>Carbon Copy>pitchblack. Running like this lets me do synthy volume swells with the pedal (I actually had a keyboard player check the patch he was using because he thought the sound came from him!).

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v717/AncientMariner/Board01.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1351118579' post='1847721']
nice board dude! the filter twin is on my list of pedals that i want!

andy
[/quote]

Cheers mate. It's a great Filter. You don't lose your original tone at all. It just whacks 2 filters going in opposite directions, and you choose how much of each you want ;) It almost sounds like there is a built in blend to me, as I can always hear my clean tone with it. Not sure if that's what's going on, but whatever it is doing, it works!

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1351018401' post='1846323']
There is no power supply, as I will only ever use the board in conjunction with my first board seen here, which is powered by a Johnnyshredfreak/Diago Power Supply:
[/quote]

How is that power supply attached to the nano ? Is it that super velcro-that-isn't-actually-velcro you're using ?

Really in love with the Filter Twin now, we were in the studio last week and the producer was looking at my MuTron and commenting on how you don't see many of them about. We were doing a track that I wanted a filter on so I opted for the FT and he stopped the session to say that it was the funkiest sound that he had ever heard and the best filter for a bass. I think he thought it was the MuTron so I didn't have the heart to tell him otherwise!

I think that my MuTron is coming off the board and I have to seriously consider selling it or not - very big and heavy and I also have a few problems with active basses being too hot for it!

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1351123457' post='1847776']

Cheers mate. It's a great Filter. You don't lose your original tone at all. It just whacks 2 filters going in opposite directions, and you choose how much of each you want ;) It almost sounds like there is a built in blend to me, as I can always hear my clean tone with it. Not sure if that's what's going on, but whatever it is doing, it works!
[/quote]

I still have my Mutron, because for me it's unique. I do agree though, it's definitely not the most practical filter for a live application. In all the time I've had it (probably 4 years or so) I've never gigged it. I'd keep it if I were you - Unless you're desperate for the cash. The longer you hold on to it, the more it'll be worth!

Agreed - think I will put it away in a cupboard for a rainy day!!

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1351167120' post='1848127']
I still have my Mutron, because for me it's unique. I do agree though, it's definitely not the most practical filter for a live application. In all the time I've had it (probably 4 years or so) I've never gigged it. I'd keep it if I were you - Unless you're desperate for the cash. The longer you hold on to it, the more it'll be worth!
[/quote]

Hey dudes!! Been offline or a while as we're still on tour. The promoter of our show in Luxembourg shot this so I thought I'd take advantage of the wifi...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/5C89324C-554E-409B-AF84-5307E816B844-2278-000001C6B68B165A.jpg[/IMG]

Just finished a gig in Den Helder and tomorrow is the last show, then home in Sunday to my own bed!!

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1351441426' post='1851237']
if only I could find a 5 knob comp with metering in a 1590A casing :D then I would be sorted. I await Max's micro comp with mucho interest, but anyway I love me my MXR.
[/quote]

I forgot about the SFX micro comp thingy... I wonder if it will be multiband! Or wiould that be expecting way too much??? :lol:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1351441655' post='1851240']
I forgot about the SFX micro comp thingy... I wonder if it will be multiband! Or wiould that be expecting way too much??? :lol:
[/quote]

Probably expecting way too much :) You can see what max was aiming for at the time of doing the prototype here:

From the talk on TB, Max has too much work on to make this into a 'production' pedal, so it seems likely that it will only see the light of day if someone requests a copy of the prototype as a 'custom' pedal. Or perhaps more likely if a small group of people (hint, hint) made the same request.

I'm just about at the point of mailing Max on this very subject.

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1351302097' post='1849966']
Hey dudes!! Been offline or a while as we're still on tour. The promoter of our show in Luxembourg shot this so I thought I'd take advantage of the wifi...

Just finished a gig in Den Helder and tomorrow is the last show, then home in Sunday to my own bed!!
[/quote]

Crikey, how tight does that drum kit sound?