Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='metaltime' post='308721' date='Oct 17 2008, 04:23 PM']What do you think of it mr pablo?

I want one to see what all the fuss is about do you think it is as good as TB crew claim?[/quote]

It's a Red Llama clone it should sound similar if not exactly the same as your Tone Factor Mule

iv said it before and il say it again, you have got the best board on this site, if i hadnt sold my effects for money issues id like to think mine would be similar, awesome stuff

Edited by BassManKev

[quote name='BassManKev' post='309003' date='Oct 18 2008, 12:13 AM']iv said it before and il say it again, you have got the best board on this site, if i hadnt sold my effects for money issues id like to think mine would be similar, awesome stuff[/quote]

Thanks Kev, I really appreciate it! I'm pretty much done now I think. I may replace the Big Muff with something more gritty/gravelly but it depends if I find something that fits the bill.

i'v just bought a byoc large beaver thats been modded a bit to make it better for bass, and is called the 'blue beaver' :)

you could buy a stock model from BYOC, the rams head spec could be a good replacement for your muff, the kits dont cost too much i dont think, and its small so it will free up another space for 2nd pedal! :huh:

[quote name='metaltime' post='309423' date='Oct 18 2008, 07:46 PM']ive just got an ultra fuzz and you can get some nice muffish tones with that but more defined with more bottom end.

Kev you ever fancied trying to build one of those kits i quite like the idea of it.[/quote]

dont need to now iv got the blue beaver :huh:

although i dont think i could do it, im sh*te at soldering, soldering wires onto jacks is about my limit :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='308909' date='Oct 17 2008, 08:47 PM']It's a Red Llama clone it should sound similar if not exactly the same as your Tone Factor Mule[/quote]

Thats what i had read. Should be an interesting a/b test i think. You never no tayste you may get your hands on my blue barcode mule afterall.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='316438' date='Oct 28 2008, 09:22 AM']What do you use your volume pedal for?[/quote]

erm.......volume....

apologies, it's stayed im my board from my last band where we had this overdriven into where each note faded in and out on bass. planning on using it again for something sameish with my newer band.

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='316641' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:48 PM']erm.......volume....

apologies, it's stayed im my board from my last band where we had this overdriven into where each note faded in and out on bass. planning on using it again for something sameish with my newer band.[/quote]

You could use it as a mute and take your tuner out of the chain - use the other chorus output for the tuner.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='316642' date='Oct 28 2008, 12:52 PM']You could use it as a mute and take your tuner out of the chain - use the other chorus output for the tuner.[/quote]

not just a pretty face i see! thanks for the idea. i am toying with my chain at the moment (!) trying to work out what is best (another threasd on it in the effects forum). any major advantage to taking my TU-2 out?

It might be slightly less noisy. Do it and see if it's any better, it might not make any difference!

Regarding your chain - I wouldn't change anything. I would try swapping the OD and chorus, but you've probably already done that. I would also try the volume pedal before the OD as you might like the tone of a slight volume cut before the OD without having to mess with your volume knob on the bass.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='316693' date='Oct 28 2008, 01:40 PM']It might be slightly less noisy. Do it and see if it's any better, it might not make any difference!

Regarding your chain - I wouldn't change anything. I would try swapping the OD and chorus, but you've probably already done that. I would also try the volume pedal before the OD as you might like the tone of a slight volume cut before the OD without having to mess with your volume knob on the bass.[/quote]

no not swapped anything yet. i'll try have a wangle with it tonight before practice.

Cheers for the info.