Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Cool. Looking forward to catching up next Sat too mate. You can help carry the board if you like :)

Signal chain. Not massively different from last time, just a few slight tweaks... I've added what CV goes where as well for the Moogerfoogers. Most connections are just to expression/MP-201 with the exception on the Ring Mod patched into the Phaser. This allows the phaser to be used in 2 ways: on 6-Stage mode it functions normally, on 12-Stage mode it functions as a Dual 6-Stage Phaser (so you hear 2 opposite sweeps), one of which has its rate controlled by the rate knob on the Ring Mod, the other, as normal, but the rate on the Phaser.

(Bass) >
Stageclix wireless receiver >
Input of Boss LS-2 Line Selector >

----- [b][i]LS-2 Channel 1 send > (THIS IS MY 'NOISE' CHANNEL)[/i][/b]
--- Boss OC-2 Octave [size=3][i](Marked Ch.1 in photos)[/i][/size] >
----- [i]Input of Bypass Looper >[/i]
--- Zvex Mastotron [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 1) [/size]>[/i]
--- WMD Geiger Counter [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 2)[/size] >[/i]
--- Corvid Effects Myrtle Fuzz [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 3)[/size] >[/i]
[i]--- [/i]FullTone Bass Drive [size=3][i](Bypass Looper switch 4)[/i][/size] [size=4]>[/size]
--- Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox[i] [size=3][Moog EP-2 connected to Frequency & MP-201 connected to Mix] (Bypass Looper switch 5)[/size] >[/i]
[i]--- [/i]EHX Nano Bass Balls [i] [size=3](Bypass Looper switch 6)[/size] >[/i]
--- 3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 7)[/size] >[/i]
--- Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 8) [/size]>[/i]
[i]----- Output of Bypass Looper >[/i]
--- Eventide Pitchfactor [i][size=3](Connected to Ernie Ball VP JR Pedal)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator [size=3] [/size][i][size=3](MP-201 connected to Frequency and LFO Out patched to 12-Stage Phaser Sweep In)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-103 12-Stage Phaser >
--- Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux[i] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter [i][size=3](MP-201 connected to Cut-Off and Mix) [/size]>[/i]
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 1 return >[/b][/i]

----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 send > (THIS IS MY 'SUB' CHANNEL)[/b][/i]
--- Boss OC-2 Octave [size=2][size=3][i](Marked Ch.2 in photos)[/i][/size][size=4] >[/size][/size]
--- Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ >
--- EBS Unichorus >
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 return >[/b][/i]

Boss LS-2 Line Selector Output >
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay >
> (Amp)

Make sense? Thought not :)

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1326323323' post='1495623']
Can that tuner be used as a metronome? I've been looking for a large metronome light (no sound).
[/quote]

Sadly not, would be a good one for Boss to consider though! I've got one on my iPhone by Steinway and I just put it on mute, acts as a counter with a stream on it. It was free as well.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1326314597' post='1495446']
WORLD'S LARGEST TUNER IS LARGE. What is the switch like on it?
[/quote]

Power switch? 1/4" jack sized :P

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326379898' post='1496383']
Cool. Looking forward to catching up next Sat too mate. You can help carry the board if you like :)

Signal chain. Not massively different from last time, just a few slight tweaks... I've added what CV goes where as well for the Moogerfoogers. Most connections are just to expression/MP-201 with the exception on the Ring Mod patched into the Phaser. This allows the phaser to be used in 2 ways: on 6-Stage mode it functions normally, on 12-Stage mode it functions as a Dual 6-Stage Phaser (so you hear 2 opposite sweeps), one of which has its rate controlled by the rate knob on the Ring Mod, the other, as normal, but the rate on the Phaser.

(Bass) >
Stageclix wireless receiver >
Input of Boss LS-2 Line Selector >

----- [b][i]LS-2 Channel 1 send > (THIS IS MY 'NOISE' CHANNEL)[/i][/b]
--- Boss OC-2 Octave [size=3][i](Marked Ch.1 in photos)[/i][/size] >
----- [i]Input of Bypass Looper >[/i]
--- Zvex Mastotron [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 1) [/size]>[/i]
--- WMD Geiger Counter [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 2)[/size] >[/i]
--- Corvid Effects Myrtle Fuzz [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 3)[/size] >[/i]
[i]--- [/i]FullTone Bass Drive [size=3][i](Bypass Looper switch 4)[/i][/size] [size=4]>[/size]
--- Moogerfooger MF-107 FreqBox[i] [size=3][Moog EP-2 connected to Frequency & MP-201 connected to Mix] (Bypass Looper switch 5)[/size] >[/i]
[i]--- [/i]EHX Nano Bass Balls [i] [size=3](Bypass Looper switch 6)[/size] >[/i]
--- 3Leaf Audio Groove Regulator [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 7)[/size] >[/i]
--- Boss PN-2 Tremolo/Pan [i][size=3](Bypass Looper switch 8) [/size]>[/i]
[i]----- Output of Bypass Looper >[/i]
--- Eventide Pitchfactor [i][size=3](Connected to Ernie Ball VP JR Pedal)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-102 Ring Modulator [i][size=3](MP-201 connected to Frequency and LFO Out patched to 12-Stage Phaser Sweep In)[/size] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-103 12-Stage Phaser >
--- Moogerfooger MF-108M Cluster Flux[i] >[/i]
--- Moogerfooger MF-101 Low Pass Filter [i][size=3](MP-201 connected to Cut-Off and Mix) [/size]>[/i]
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 1 return >[/b][/i]

----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 send > (THIS IS MY 'SUB' CHANNEL)[/b][/i]
--- Boss OC-2 Octave [size=2][size=3][i](Marked Ch.2 in photos)[/i][/size][size=4] >[/size][/size]
--- Boss GEB-7 Bass EQ >
--- EBS Unichorus >
----- [i][b]LS-2 Channel 2 return >[/b][/i]

Boss LS-2 Line Selector Output >
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay >
> (Amp)

Make sense? Thought not :)
[/quote]
ha ! o.k., you're right. getting my head around that is like attempting to understand the intricate workings of the universe, but cheers anyway.

looking forward to next weekend. i'm stopping over with a mate, so hope to have a beer or three this time.

:D

Edited by phil.i.stein

I have my first gig on bass in ages at the weekend. My big board has a rack tuner built into it but it's been very temperamental recently so I thought i'd better take it apart. I haven't seen my board without pedals on in ages and it's very intimidating to try and get it all back together for Saturday. I can't seem to get the tuner going either. At least i'm only using 18 pedals for this band!

[quote name='goblin' timestamp='1326380074' post='1496388']
Sadly not, would be a good one for Boss to consider though! I've got one on my iPhone by Steinway and I just put it on mute, acts as a counter with a stream on it. It was free as well.
[/quote]
I use one called metrocolor on my iPhone that was free & has a couple of good visual options.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1326382803' post='1496454']
ha ! o.k., you're right. getting my head around that is like attempting to understand the intricate workings of the universe, but cheers anyway.

looking forward to next weekend. i'm stopping over with a mate, so hope to have a beer or three this time.

:D
[/quote]

Awesome dude, looking forward to it!

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1326384411' post='1496483']
At least i'm only using 18 pedals for this band!
[/quote]

Lightweight ;)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326387491' post='1496593'] Everything has it's downside. It's a bloody killer. Sounds ace though so all worth it I guess! :) [/quote]

I still remember ages back when you sold off a load of your pedals and were using a PT-mini. :) Oh how things change!

I remember that too. I decided I didn't need loads of toys and it looked a bit like this...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/SAM_0726.jpg[/IMG]

... Then Our Helical Mind was born.

I miss the Guyatone Phase Shifter! Everything else I still have though! ;)

Do any of you pedalheads have any suggestions for a pedal switching system like the Gigrig Pro-8 or the Carl Martin Octaswitch Mark 2. I am looking for something like this which is programmable with dip swithes etc but on a smaller scale like 4 loops etc that would then fit on a Pedaltrain 2. Does such a thing exist or am I dreaming?!!!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326373015' post='1496171']
Few tweaks and stuff and the boat is back together. Sweeeeeeet....
[/quote]

And by way of contrast, here's what I'm planning

[attachment=97213:sfx_b3_sq.jpg][attachment=97215:sfx_micro-rd_sq.jpg][attachment=97216:sfx_uFuzz_sq.jpg][attachment=97211:ews_item_BMC_face_inside_sq.jpg][attachment=97212:mythfx_infinium_sq.jpg][attachment=97214:sfx_micro-comp01_sq.jpg]

Now if only I could find an octaver and a tuner in the same format :)

Andy

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1326408699' post='1497004']
Not sure where the post from Phi.i.Stein went but the Wounded Paw Super Blender looks interesting - could well do the job?
[/quote]
sorry mate, i deleted it as, i realised that you wanted something programmable, but if it fits the bill, then cool !! :)

Yeah it could work becuase if the only option of a programmable board is the Gigrig or Octaswitch then a 3 or 4 loop option pedal could be the only other alternative. Can you buy them in the UK?

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1326408822' post='1497010']
sorry mate, i deleted it as, i realised that you wanted something programmable, but if it fits the bill, then cool !! :)
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1326409270' post='1497023']
Yeah it could work becuase if the only option of a programmable board is the Gigrig or Octaswitch then a 3 or 4 loop option pedal could be the only other alternative. Can you buy them in the UK?
[/quote]
not that i'm aware. i just snagged one on here though.. :P

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164693-fs-wounded-paw-super-blender-3-effects-loops-one-box-sold-pending/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/164693-fs-wounded-paw-super-blender-3-effects-loops-one-box-sold-pending/[/url]

Edited by phil.i.stein

Shep, do you make use of the CV outs on the moogers? I have a patch lead that I made up (TRS without the R connected) & I take it out the Env out on the 101 & either back into one of the 101s ins or to either the Rate or LFO on the 105b.
I'm sure you could get some awesome textures that change with the note as it decays with what you have (as if you didn't already!). :)

I'm thinking of getting rid of some of my pedals for a Line 6 M9. Mainly for Delay/Reverb, chorus, and phaser... Does anyone have any experience with them? What are the compression models like? Im using an Agular TLC at the moment so not expecting to be blown away! And would there be a dirt setting that could replace the Bass Big Muff Pi?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1326450130' post='1497289']
Shep, do you make use of the CV outs on the moogers? I have a patch lead that I made up (TRS without the R connected) & I take it out the Env out on the 101 & either back into one of the 101s ins or to either the Rate or LFO on the 105b.
I'm sure you could get some awesome textures that change with the note as it decays with what you have (as if you didn't already!). :)
[/quote]

TRS without the R connected? Isn't that just a TS? As in, regular mono? Thats all I use for patching between them. I've played around with loads of combinations of stuff. Some sound great, but I've never found a way to use them live with the exception of the Ring Mod to Phaser patching which is explained on the post with my signal chain (a page or two back on this thread).

I've actually have little success using the 101's envelope for anything in a live situation.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1326454515' post='1497358']
TRS without the R connected? Isn't that just a TS? As in, regular mono? Thats all I use for patching between them. I've played around with loads of combinations of stuff. Some sound great, but I've never found a way to use them live with the exception of the Ring Mod to Phaser patching which is explained on the post with my signal chain (a page or two back on this thread).

I've actually have little success using the 101's envelope for anything in a live situation.
[/quote]
:lol: It could be used as a mono cable but if you used it for stereo, only one channel would come through. I used stereo jacks as the mono jack would have shorted the R & S together & I didn't know if that would still work (aparantly it still does).

Have you tried using the ENV Out on something that regulates speed, like the 108s speed?