Why become a member? ×

SOLD Price Drop. Dual input Phil Jones M300 Bass Amp Head.
£525

Marc S

[b]PRICE DROP £390[/b]

Hi, I'm selling my Phil Jones M300 Bass Amp head (I bought it from Spacechick on this forum)
It hasn't been gigged much. I basically only used it when doubling up, playing bass guitar and DB

It's greatest strengths are; build quality and sound - it sounds beautiful!
Also, it has two completely separately controlled inputs. Great individual EQ control for each channel
So it's superb for when you have two very different instruments to EQ, or you're after 2 very different sounds from 2 similar instruments.

I think the spec is 450W at 4 ohms (2 x 8 ohm speakers connected). If you connect 3x 8ohm cabs, the amp will output 500W, at 2 ohms. Yes, it will handle down to 2 ohms! :o
and 300W at 8 ohms (only one 8 ohm speaker connected) TBH, it easily coped with just one cab attached
Especially the PJB 4x5 Piranha cab (which I'm keeping) - I even used it for a large-ish outdoor festival, and it was loud enough without being pushed or driven too hard

On the down side, it is very heavy. So collection only, or I'm sure we can arrange a meet-up
(Sorry I don't have exact weight - but I'm sure it's on the PJB website)
I rarely double up these days - it's either bass guitar, or EUB, and seldom both
I bought a tiny, lightweight EA 550W head for these rare occasions - it doesn't sound as good as this PJ head,
but the PJB head isn't getting used - I keep trying to justify keeping it.... but I really can't

It's in near mint condition, and John Turner (from Dave Dearnaley's brilliant workshop) recently serviced it and checked it all over for me

Sorry there aren't any pics on here - but if you're interested, PM me and I'll email you some
No trades atm thanks (I've already got way too much gear! lol)

Edited by Marc S

Bump for a superb bass amp head,
Sorry there aren't any pics - but it's in brilliant condition (looks almost like new)
If you're interested, PM me and I'll email you some photos

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting that pic walbassist :)
Bump, and a temporary price drop to £445 - as I've seen something else I'd like
I can email you photos if needed, and can assure you its in mint condition

Hi itsmedunc,

Good question! I've never thought about it to be honest
I really don't know the answer to that. I'm sure you could do so.
I will try this tonight, as I have a rehearsal and I'll take this head along.....

Re the impedance, I'll see if I can find that out. Though I must say, with 2 cabs connected I've never even needed anywhere near full power.
TBH this amp and one PJ 4x5 Piranha cab is usually enough

[quote name='itsmedunc' timestamp='1471111582' post='3110641']
Hi, can the dual inputs be used at the same time?........
I think that these heads may actually go down to 2ohm and put out 500w?......
[/quote]

Hi, yes you can play 2 instruments at the same time through this head - I did this the other night
According to the spec, it does indeed put out 500W at 2 ohms
What I didn't know, was it puts out 400W at 4 ohms (not the 450W I had believed to be the case)
Mind you, it seems very loud when operating with 2x8 ohm cabs

http://pjbworld.com/product_m300_spec.html

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1471420538' post='3112875']
Hi, yes you can play 2 instruments at the same time through this head - I did this the other night
According to the spec, it does indeed put out 500W at 2 ohms
What I didn't know, was it puts out 400W at 4 ohms (not the 450W I had believed to be the case)
Mind you, it seems very loud when operating with 2x8 ohm cabs

[url="http://pjbworld.com/product_m300_spec.html"]http://pjbworld.com/..._m300_spec.html[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for that. Now I need to think!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1472150455' post='3118948']
Quality looking bit of kit!.
I'm not interested myself but thought I would say at 13kg easy postable surely. A box with lots of good packing etc.
Might help with the sale.
:)
[/quote]

A fantastic piece of quality kit and if it had weighed less than 20lbs I'd have bought it weeks ago.

Frank.

[quote name='Twincam' timestamp='1472150455' post='3118948']
Quality looking bit of kit!.
I'm not interested myself but thought I would say at 13kg easy postable surely. A box with lots of good packing etc.
Might help with the sale.
:)
[/quote]

Its not just a matter of weight - I believe there are some valves in this head?
Plus, I hate using the post for certain expensive, delicate instruments. I've had problems in the past
Personally, I'd always rather play a bass through an amp - make sure I like the sound & controlability before buying

Anyhow. Bump. I used this at a rehearsal the other night, and I may now consider keeping
So may be last bump

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1473934327' post='3134243']
Great amp, folks and can confirm, having bought Marc's PJB cab from him and played through it with this very amp, that it's in excellent condition. I'd have bought it, but already have a lightweight head.
[/quote]

Many thanks for that Dan Dare :)

• 2 weeks later...

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bump. I've seen something else I'd like - so make me an offer. Another option is for me to part-ex this head, as I'm tempted by a Fender Flea Sig Jazz - but the shop is probably not going to give me a great deal on that.... This amp is fabulous, but I'm just not using it anymore as I now have a lighter weight rig...

EDIT: I am now considering getting another Epifani 110 cab - so open to trades for one, with some cash my way...[/font][/color]

Edited by Marc S

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='plankspanker' timestamp='1475827293' post='3148959']
How strange - my post seems to have been deleted.
[/quote]

Hi there, that may be due to the Mods deleting it? - Depending on its' content?
If it contained any trade offers, I think they prefer any offers to be PM'd, which is fair enough

EDIT. So please feel free to PM me. Ta :)

Edited by Marc S

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...