Why become a member? ×

Courier recommendations?

LewisK1975

Gotta send my ABM1000 into Ashdown for repair.

Was left in the van last week and it's taken a dive at some point and is now sounding very sick....

Can anyone care to recommend a preffered courier for sending it in? Or are they all as bad as each other?

I was just going to send it Royal mail guaranteed next day type of thing....

Cheers all, Lewis.

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1468241519' post='3089473']
I have just used DHL through interparcel. You can insure for 2% of value.
[/quote]

I don't know if I should worry too much about insurance, apart from it getting lost I suppose. It's already broken :lol:

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1468240836' post='3089466']
they have - I also highly recommend UPS and their access point services. Usually a local newsagent
[/quote]

I'd check out the UPS local collection and drop-off point carefully before using them. My local one is completely rubbish. I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day and certainly wouldn't want to risk anything valuable with them. On the other hand, the actual service I get from UPS itself and my local driver is exceptional.

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1468243854' post='3089511']
Maybe ask Ashdown who they'd use?
[/quote]

I did, and they didn;t have a preference - Thanks all, I ended up using the good ole royal mail and it'll get there today.

Still a useful thread for anyone else considering options though! :)

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1468404420' post='3090662']

I'd check out the UPS local collection and drop-off point carefully before using them. My local one is completely rubbish. I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day and certainly wouldn't want to risk anything valuable with them. On the other hand, the actual service I get from UPS itself and my local driver is exceptional.
[/quote]

Fyi I use Southglade convenience store, and they are fine.

Interparcel and UPS for me.

Herpes have once again left a parcel for me behind the bush to the side of the front door. They regularly either do that or chuck it over the gate, ditto Yokel, neither of which I would entrust with anything more valuable than a used paper cup.