Why become a member? ×

Lee Pomeroy

KingPrawn

This confirms Lee really is the go to session man. From Take That, ELO know this.

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-07-08/anderson-rabin-wakeman-band-lee-pomeroy-louis-molino-gary-cambra

He gets such great gigs. A hugely versatile player

He's a very nice bloke too. I bought my lefty fretless Stingray from him and when he brought it round he was very modest and low key - in fact it wasn't until after he'd gone that I googled him and realised what a talent he is.

Re the upside down thing, certainly the Stingray I bought from him was a lefty but strung upside down.

[attachment=223194:Lee,Donavan and me!.jpg]

I was playing in Richmond,London last Wednesday with my band The ELO Experience.
At the end of the night, I came back onto the stage, and there was Lee with Donavan Hepburn at
the front! Went down to meet them, just gobsmacked they'd come to see an ELO tribute. They also
brought backing vocalist Ian Hornal and musical director/guitarist Mike Stevens along with them.
Chatted for ages with Lee, who was just the nicest bloke you could possibly meet. Showed him my
bass (Fender P-Lyte) which he had a quick go on too. They were all very complementary about our
band, which was unexpected and very kind. Lee told me they'd been rehearsing with Take That not
far from where we were, in readiness for their Hyde Park gig yesterday.
Top player and feller, so thrilled to meet him.

Edited by casapete

Great guy, known him for years - he worked at Rockbottom in Croydon back in the early 90s and he was a monster player even back then. Used to go and see his old power trio at the local dive quite regularly. He was always a huge classic prog fan, massively into old Genesis/Yes/Rush and so on - he had a lefty Rickenbacker 4001CS, one of only a few that were made.

Nice to see that, in addition to Take That, the Jubilee gig and so on, he's been tickling off all his dream prog gigs - It Bites, Steve Hackett, Rick Wakeman and now Anderson/Wakeman/Rabin. His prog-metal band, Headspace, are bloody great too. And it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

• 1 month later...

I see he's bagged the ARW gig (Anderson Wakeman Rabin) for a Yes fest! [url="http://www.bassplayer.com/artists/1171/lee-pomeroy-joins-members-of-yes-for-upcoming-tour/58780"]http://www.bassplaye...ming-tour/58780[/url]

Edited by visog

European Tour Dates 2017

Sun/Mar-12 Cardiff, UK Cardiff Arena
Mon/Mar-13 Birmingham, UK Birmingham Symphony Hall
Wed/Mar-15 Brighton, UK Brighton Dome
Thu/Mar-16 Bournemouth, UK Bournemouth International Centre
Sun/Mar-19 London, UK London Hammersmith Apollo
Tue/Mar-21 Nottingham, UK Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
Wed/Mar-22 Edinburgh, UK Edinburgh Usher Hall
Fri /Mar-24 Glasgow, UK Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Sat/Mar-25 Manchester, UK Manchester Apollo