Why become a member? ×

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT Enfield Lionheart 4 string with SIMS Quad pickups - Daphne Blue - with East Retro Preamp Upgrade
£1250

Paul Clifton

Now reduced to £1100. May consider trade with Status 2000 or Series II 4-string.

A beautiful and highly versatile bass, but unfortunately I am favouring electric guitar over bass these days and I just can't justify keeping this as wall art.

You may already know about the innovative SIMS pickups in these. If not, see the youtube demo below, but in essence each pick up is made up of 8 poles that can be switch-selected to single coil, split coil or humbucker (selections being colour led indicated - green single, but humbucker, red split). This gives 15 possible combinations and an amazing range of sounds. Combine that with the fact that this particular one was factory built with an upgraded East Retro 3 band preamp and you have a total tone machine that can cover vintage Precision thump to hi-fi modern sounds with ease.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV8MV9WzHaA"]https://www.youtube....h?v=VV8MV9WzHaA[/url]

Body is mahogany, as is neck (with rosewood fretboard) but the bass is very light - 8 1/2 lbs - and perfectly balanced.

The bass is in great condition apart from one small (1mm) dink in the front near the upper contour bout and some marks around the truss rod adjustment hole on the colour matched headstock. I was going to have the dink filled in by SIMs but stopped noticing it almost as soon as I got the bass so never bothered.

Any questions let me know - I can send any requested pics too. Bass comes with Hiscox flight case and is loaded with 40-95 strings on a very low action.

These basses are are the talk of the town at the mo, so get your own at a considerable chunk off the new price - with the preamp upgrade this one would set you back well over £2k new.

Edited by Paul Clifton

For what it is worth, I think this is absolutely gorgeous. I have heard demo's of the electrics and have to say these basses excite me - they sound sublime.

If i was in the market for a new bass I would snap this up. Good luck, god speed, and......

BUMP!

• 4 weeks later...