Why become a member? ×

SOLD***** Ibanez Roadster RS924 (fretted) year 1981 Brown Sunburst
£350

ChrisJaxon

My 1981 Ibanez Roadster RS-924 BS is looking for a new home. I have had it from new, and only gigged with it from '82 to '84. It has had only home use since then and is in pretty good nick for its age. A few bangs and knocks but nothing serious. The frets and maple fretboard are great. It is a lovely thing to play, and great tones available. It is quite heavy though, but this gives it great sustain and resonance.

I replaced the two active EQ knobs because one got broken, I still have the two originals though and they are usable, but one has a broken segment. I have been using Loxx strap locks, and I would recommend the next user to do the same. I do have the original strap buttons and screws however.

When I bought it, the dealer had installed the thumb rest, which I think came as part of the case candy, although I did not buy it with a hard case (I had just finished uni!). I have removed the thumb rest, leaving two holes which you can see. But I do still have the rest and two screws if you want to reinstall it. But to be honest, it does rather get in the way unless you like to use it.

The action is fantastic; the guitar was recently cleaned, serviced and set up by a luthier. It plays very well, and the all-original electronics are perfect. The 9V battery lasts forever.

It is currently fitted with Chromes which I like to use, but I would also like to keep. Depends!

As I said, I do not have a hard case, but for a cost consideration I can pack and send in a newish gig bag with suitable packing if required. I am located in Gloucestershire.

STILL AVAILABLE: OPEN TO REASONABLE OFFERS

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7mMoeWkDhqA"]https://www.youtube....d&v=7mMoeWkDhqA[/url]

[attachment=220296:1981 catalogue.jpg]
[attachment=220297:P1060635.JPG]
[attachment=220298:P1060636.JPG]
[attachment=220299:P1060637.JPG]
[attachment=220300:P1060638.JPG]
[attachment=220301:P1060639.JPG]
[attachment=220302:P1060640.JPG]
[attachment=220303:P1060641.JPG]
[attachment=220304:P1060642.JPG]
[attachment=220305:P1060643.JPG]
[attachment=220306:P1060644.JPG]

Edited by ChrisJaxon

I had one of these too. I bought it from FD&H on Charing Cross Road, maybe 1980. It was my first [i]proper [/i]bass, you know, not a copy. It was just a wonderful, wonderful bass.

Here's a photo of me using it ('The Mullet Years') and well worthy of a [i]why-isn't-this-sold[/i] bumpage.

[quote name='megallica' timestamp='1464694820' post='3061458']
Nancy that girl in your photo isn't loving your mullet either lol
[/quote]

She was singer in this folksy/rock band we shared the bill with. On stage they were all prim and proper. I remember her exact words after we finished our set. 'I nearly f***ing sh*t my panties when those explosions went off.'

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1464695624' post='3061473']
She was singer in this folksy/rock band we shared the bill with. On stage they were all prim and proper. I remember her exact words after we finished our set. 'I nearly f***ing sh*t my panties when those explosions went off.'
[/quote]

Great story mate

Very nice, that is a classic shot! I never had such shennanigans going on when I was rockin' in the '80's in my baggy trousers and bright red braces!

Anyone interested in this lovely Ibby Roadster? Can do every tone from Stingray through to P-bass, all for buttons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...