Why become a member? ×

AC Guitars Über Graft J Type 5
£1000

BaggyMan

Pains me to sell but hey ho lets go.

5 string bass with Black impregnated quilt Maple cap over Black limba body Maple fingerboard.

Current running as passive (using ACG original parts), comes with the EAST UNI pre-amp. One hell of a classy looking bass. (in current format, hole for the swicth on the pre-amp is bunged).
Demo of this very bass on YOUTUBE if you want up close and personal

Edited by BaggyMan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Uber is the top end range and Graft is the entry level range; which one is yours??

Apologies if I have got my names mixed up!

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1463145034' post='3049006']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Uber is the top end range and Graft is the entry level range; which one is yours??

[/quote]

There were Uber Graft basses made. I have one that is very similar to the seller's.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1463145034' post='3049006']

[/quote]

Alan likes to mix up his naming once in a while. E.g. there is no "graft" range any more, just "standard", but towards the end of the graft run he did a few "uber grafts"... Not sure what the spec was on these, but his pages are very informative on all of the basses he has made in recent times.

[quote name='walbassist' timestamp='1463144865' post='3049000']
I'm guessing it's this one?

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEmESOsn5yQ"]https://www.youtube....h?v=nEmESOsn5yQ[/url]
[/quote]

Sounds very nice - and that's a really good demo, with a variety of playing styles.

Yes that's the you tube link walbassist. Its the actual bass, not a 'similar' one. Not me playing btw (i wish!)

I have always know it as as a Uber graft 5. Graft is the style, i think Uber is the extra nice cap and that. Not a total ACG expert but sounds right. This is one of the 2014 basses made for the bass show lin london.
Nonetheless at £1000 a good price for a handmade. Most ACG are double that for starters new.

Photo's I struggle with that on here always seem to crash my limit somehow, will try and attach some more