Why become a member? ×

custom Jazz

Well, if I really, really wanted a YOB bass - it wouldn't be that one. :rolleyes:

It's a bit of a bodgefest - and I cannot help wondering why a Mudbucker that's apparently been there since 1969 is so much cleaner & shinier than any other bit of metal on the bass.

Jon.

I saw this a few weeks ago - this caught my eye...I could only count 4 knobs.

"[color=#AA5A86][font=Calibri][size=4][b][color=#fbfff8]TT[/color][/b][/size][/font][/color][font=Calibri][size=4][b]The Gibson pickup fitted 69' stamped 68 inc pots a[/b][/size][/font][b][font=Calibri][size=3]ll 5 knobs are 60s originals"[/size][/font][/b]

Edited by TheGreek

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1461588373' post='3035855']

"[color=#AA5A86][font=Calibri][b][color=#fbfff8]TT[/color][/b][/font][/color][font=Calibri][b]The Gibson pickup fitted 69' stamped 68 inc pots a[/b][/font][b][font=Calibri][size=3]ll 5 knobs are 60s originals"[/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]

The fifth knob is on the lower horn.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1461588596' post='3035860']
The fifth knob is on the lower horn.
[/quote]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1461588373' post='3035855']

"[color=#AA5A86][font=Calibri][size=4][b][color=#fbfff8]TT[/color][/b][/size][/font][/color][font=Calibri][size=4][b]The Gibson pickup fitted 69' stamped 68 inc pots a[/b][/size][/font][b][font=Calibri][size=3]ll 5 knobs are 60s originals"[/size][/font][/b]
[/quote]

Traditionally the other knob is behind the bass ;)

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1461746666' post='3037238']
People have been dragged out onto the street and publicly flogged for doing less than that.
[/quote]

I don't see what the problem is. I suspect at the time if you needed a bass that would cover both Fender and Gibson tones this was the cheapest and most convenient way of doing it. Besides there was nothing special about the bass just another Fender.