Why become a member? ×

DR Fat Beams price anomaly

SisterAbdullahX

I was told by Bass Direct only last week that they are just called Fat Beams now, no longer Marcus Miller Fat Beams.

Also, the importer and UK supplier has recently changed. As a result, we can no longer get single DR strings :angry: sets only now, bah humbug, drats etc

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1461050317' post='3030872']
Yep, I bet two sets from them would still be less than one over here!
[/quote]

Not even remotely!

Two sets of DR Fat Beans from Bass Strings Online = $39.90
Shipping to the UK via the cheapest method with no insurance = $22.50
Conversion into £ at todays exchange rate = £43.59
VAT on imported goods = £8.72
Royal Mail handling charge for customs = £8.00 (minimum - could be more)
Total = £60.31

That's assuming you'll get the best exchange rate (you won't) and that the method you use to pay doesn't add a currency conversion charge (most of them will), and that you will pay the minimum handling fee for the customs and VAT.

If you were to order a single set it does work out a bit cheaper that buying from Bass Direct - approximately £36. However it will take at least a week for your strings to arrive, whereas you can get them next day from BD.

i have no problem paying 50 squid for DR's. no I'm not rich, or well paid. But they are worth it. The Marcus Miller sigs will last you for a long long time. and IMO are easily the best strings for an electric bass for sale. DR's i think generally are the best strings on sale for bass. Just don't buy Rotosounds. IMO they are over priced junk.