Why become a member? ×

EBMM Stingray with Status Graphite neck. SOLD!!!

tombboy

Formally belonging to CrazyKiwi, I think most of you are familiar with this bass... it was even discussed a few weeks ago.
I have to finance my studio so this baby has to move on.
Been a very loyal bass for me and I'll be gutted to see it leave but needs must!

Enrie Ball Musicman Stingray... bit of a hybrid really, let me explain.
The body has been refinshed in a high gloss natural finish... superbly done! It has strings through ferroules but these are not utilised due to the 'flea' bridge.
Neck plate and tuners are genuine EBMM. Norstand pick up and 3 band stacked pre-amp, which is amazing... great tone. Unused side mounted routing and plate for a jack (used jack is on the control plate). I have replaced the black knobs with chrome ones.
The Status neck is just amazing... fluid, fast, straight with no dead spots whatsoever.

I have used some of Kiwi's old picture together with some of mine.

AFAICR I paid about £550 for this just over a year ago... would really like to make this back so I'll through in a Hiscox case as well. Delivery about £25 I think.
First to put £575 in my greasy hands will get this delivered.

Cheers,

Edited by tombboy

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='291890' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:45 PM']Thanks mate - see you next week!!!

Nick (back up to 57 basses now!)[/quote]

You're welcome Nick.
Great sale as well... no faffing around with offers. Realistic price, BANG! Straight in there!!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='292093' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:45 PM']the graphite neck turns the stingray from a standard mid-high end bass to a superb high end instrument which plays, looks and sounds superb, i cant recommend them enough[/quote]

what are you comparing them to?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='292121' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:20 PM']i mean just generally[/quote]

+1

If I end up keeping my Ray in the long run I'll probably do the mod (it turned my old MIM Jazz into a great bass) - especially seeing as the 'unfinished' Ray necks seem to need frequent rod twiddling to keep em happy.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='292093' date='Sep 25 2008, 06:45 PM']the graphite neck turns the stingray from a standard mid-high end bass to a superb high end instrument which plays, looks and sounds superb, i cant recommend them enough[/quote]
I have to say.... BMK missed out on this by literally seconds. Very gracious response, bless him. Thanks for the kind words. :)