Why become a member? ×

Ebony ACG

thedontcarebear

I seen this a few weeks a go down at Alans - very nice. It was still a bit rough round the edges and was waiting for the finishing magic, but it did look so nice.

Alan has a commission from me on the basis of this and the Lazarus bass.

My wait is going to be a bit longer though...

D.

You lucky B!
I've seen this bass in various stages through it's build and it's an absolute beaut and that was even before it had hardware!

Pics soon dude, but for now, get off the internet and play that dang bass :)

Eude

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='498879' date='May 27 2009, 03:25 PM']phwoar! thats certainly got the 'schwing' factor! how does she play/sound?[/quote]

+1

and I'm sure it'll be a powerhouse of sounds, much like Lazerus was :)

Cheers,
Eude

Yeah, it plays well, just got to get used to it, it's pretty different to the Sandberg, big gap between the strings and body for example at the end of the neck, so popping is a bit weird at the moment, lowered the pickups a bit as they were a bit close to the strings for my liking. Going to the studio in a few hours, will take it along, and might lay down the guide tracks with it and then try it for the proper recording tomorrow along with the sandberg and pick which one to use. The preamp is going to be hard to get my head around 100%, lots of stuff to do with it, and I usually just have everything on full on basses, haha, and blend in the middle, so this will be interesting, will probably find a sound, and then stick with it! I know what it all does now though (never did when using one before).

Much prefer this finish over the lacquered ones though, I've seen/played 4 ACG's now including this (the others were all 5 strings though).

Got to try it on a strap actually too! Need to go dig one out for it.

Edited by thedontcarebear

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='500209' date='May 28 2009, 08:11 PM']I used it on the track in the studio in the end, you can hear it [url="http://www.myspace.com/stringfinger"]HERE[/url][/quote]

which track?...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='500216' date='May 28 2009, 08:21 PM']Hear me out, forgot to post that, good point, haha.[/quote]

Nice one dude, sounding great, really nice and thick tone.
Cool tunes too :)

Eude

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='500231' date='May 28 2009, 08:35 PM']Cheers, it's just via a sansamp, DI'ed my amp too, but the sansamp sounded best.[/quote]

Just been listening to your music - I really like it. If you ever fancy a gig up here, let me know.....

cheers

D.