Why become a member? ×

Ebony ACG

thedontcarebear

Yes, a new one! As some might have read, I ordered one ages ago, which got damaged in the post, Alan is fixing it, but I decided to get a new one started (basically as I have the deposit now but not the full amount and my needs have changed a bit so I prefer 4 strings).

I will post the full spec up in a bit, but, it's very similar to the last.

Okay, off the top of my head: -

ACG Finn Singlecut (bet you've not heard of a singlecut finn before!)
Body same widths as before giving the same look, but made of Stripy Ebony/Sycamore/Wenge/Sycamore/Stripy Ebony
34" scale 4 string
Flamed sycamore board with ebony binding
Neck made from sycamore/wenge/sycamore/ebony/sycamore/wenge/sycamore

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='292112' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:11 PM']Okay, off the top of my head: -

Body same widths as before giving the same look, but made of Stripy Ebony/Sycamore/Wenge/Sycamore/Stripy Ebony
34" scale 4 string
Neck made from sycamore/wenge/sycamore/ebony/sycamore/wenge/sycamore[/quote]

Singlecut Finn? You've been listening in on my thoughts again, that's creepy! :)
Any pics of the shape?

This is gonna be an awesome bass!

Eude

[quote name='7string' post='292266' date='Sep 25 2008, 10:45 PM']Sounds very Oreo cookie :)

Like the idea of the sycamore board with ebony binding, very unusual. I look forward to the progress pics![/quote]

Old one had a birdseye maple board with ebony binding, the sycamore maple looks lighter, so decided on that this time.

[quote name='eude' post='292290' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:09 PM']Singlecut Finn? You've been listening in on my thoughts again, that's creepy! :)
Any pics of the shape?

This is gonna be an awesome bass!

Eude[/quote]

I have my bad photoshop pic (which is charics smudged a bit!) and then Alan yesterday sent a sketch of a shape, which should be the real thing.

I'll send you a pm with them when I am at work, as I don't think I should show my rubbish version on here, or I guess the sketch, as it would be good to show it off with a render eventually.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='292390' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:14 AM']I have my bad photoshop pic (which is charics smudged a bit!) and then Alan yesterday sent a sketch of a shape, which should be the real thing.

I'll send you a pm with them when I am at work, as I don't think I should show my rubbish version on here, or I guess the sketch, as it would be good to show it off with a render eventually.[/quote]

Awesome :)
Sent you a rather long winded PM back.

You going for a set neck on this one by the way?
This bass is gonna rock!

Eude

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='294571' date='Sep 29 2008, 02:55 PM']This is the top and back wood, figured I'd upload it, the top is the bit with the cool light streak.[/quote]

Very nice dude, this bass is gonna be a peach!

Eude

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='292112' date='Sep 25 2008, 07:11 PM']Okay, off the top of my head: -

34" scale 4 string
Neck made from sycamore/wenge/sycamore/ebony/sycamore/wenge/sycamore[/quote]

Is the sycamore board going to be acrylicised, like some of Alans spalted maple boards?

Edited by Mikey R

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='299996' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:27 PM']Just saw the render, so thought I'd post it in this build thread, it kinda makes it look like there is a black accent line there and maple core, but it's a maple accent and wenge core.[/quote]

Hi sorry about that, for some reason in my head when I red the thread I saw it as sycamore body with ebony accent far too many woods for my small brain to over come :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='299996' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:27 PM']Just saw the render, so thought I'd post it in this build thread, it kinda makes it look like there is a black accent line there and maple core, but it's a maple accent and wenge core.[/quote]

Very nice. My singlecut Shuker (due to be completed soon, I hope!) has a striped ebony top over a walnut body, with a birdseye maple board. So interesting to see these pics!