Why become a member? ×

SOLD Musicman Stingray 5HH Honeyburst with OHSC FS/FT
£1000

mrtcat

Musicman Stingray 5HH in honeyburst with rosewood fretboard.

A total joy to play and beautiful to look at. I took this in a trade from a really nice BCer and I'd love to keep it but I I'm just not using it as much as I'd hoped I would.

It weights 4.9kg / 10.8lbs. It's set up really nicely with a low action and being the HH model it's ridiculously versatile. There is a small chip in the rear by the strap pin, other than that it's in really really good condition.

I requested the details of manufacture from the Ernie Ball forum and here's the brief details they sent:

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]This StingRay 5 HH was completed on March 28th, 2006. The color is honey burst with the rosewood fretboard and shell pickguard. It was originally shipped to Guitar Center.[/size][/font][/color]

That sounds spot on as the previous owner bought it in the states during a trip there.

This is no longer an urgent sale so I have removed the ridiculously low price that I was offering for it last week and am looking for offers over £900.

I'm really happy for potential buyers to come and play. I have a studio with nice amps where you can make as much noise as you want for as long as you want and I'll keep the tea / coffee and biscuits coming. If a buyer wants this sent via courier I will happily package it up ready for collection but the buyer must arrange the courier themselves as I'd be terrified taking responsibility for this in the hands of UPS / Parcelforce etc. I can however deliver within 100 miles of Silverstone Northants for free and can discuss further afield for fuel money.

Price is £1000 ovno.

[b]TRADES[/b]

I will only consider the following and may be able to add a little cash for the right thing:

Aguilar DB 750 / 751
Warwick Streamer Stage 1 5 string
A really nice P bass (doesn't have to be fender but does have to be lovely)

Please feel free to ask any questions!

[attachment=213650:IMG_7302.JPG] [attachment=213651:IMG_7303.JPG] [attachment=213652:IMG_7304.JPG] [attachment=213653:IMG_7305.JPG] [attachment=213654:IMG_7307.JPG] [attachment=213655:IMG_7308.JPG] [attachment=213656:IMG_7309.JPG] [attachment=213657:IMG_7310.JPG]

Edited by mrtcat

[quote name='mr zed' timestamp='1456928481' post='2993644']
Must resist.........!
[/quote]

No you mustn't. Buy it and I'll collect and deliver it to you ;). No charge for delivery.

Edited by karlfer

To put this in perspective, these are probably around £1700 + now to order in the UK. I have a similar spec with maple fretboard and it is a beautiful instrument.

Honeyburst is now discontinued - not sure why but I think it was another colour that was a little more expensive.

HH + tort guard makes it an expensive spec - good luck with the sale!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1456997378' post='2994261']
To put this in perspective, these are probably around £1700 + now to order in the UK. I have a similar spec with maple fretboard and it is a beautiful instrument.

Honeyburst is now discontinued - not sure why but I think it was another colour that was a little more expensive.

HH + tort guard makes it an expensive spec - good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Looking at another thread, it looks like EB have discontinued all except 6 colours in the Stingray 5 range.
So, if this finish is your bag, looks like you won't be able to get a new one.

So, buy it now peeps :P ESPECIALLY at this price!

Edited by karlfer

Bumping this up. It is now no longer an urgent sale as I have rounded up enough cash to buy what I wanted from Karlfer. I have therefore adjusted the price to something a little more sensible and added possible trade options. I'm not even remotely desperate to sell and will happily keep but may be tempted to part with it for the right deal.

Looking for an offer over £900 or trades as listed in 1st post.

Thanks to everyone above for the really nice comments.

• 2 weeks later...