Why become a member? ×

NBD MARUSZCZYK Elwood Absolution

Mattpt85

Thanks for your kind words people!
As usual it's much better looking in real life.
Extremely happy with it, had a little play last night but only at quiet volume it was getting late, I mainly held it and cried :lol:
The neck is perfect.
Going to give it a proper blast with the band on Sunday, can't wait.

Dave even though I couldn't play loud there was a great deal of versatility, each one solo'd sounds like it should do, but together they sound great too, powerful and smooth. Really bright and clear overall but waiting till Sunday to get a proper impression.
I see you're in Huddersfield, I live in Milnsbridge, welcome to come try it out for yourself! Planning to have a louder run through on Saturday afternoon.

Same goes for anyone else, message me if you want to have a go!

I'm loving the look of these [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk Elwood jazzalikes. There seem to be so many different and wonderous ones available, that I fall in love with a different one every day.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What's the wait time on these things once a custom order is placed?[/font][/color]

[quote name='Mattpt85' timestamp='1455802925' post='2982568']
Something is telling me to try flats on this, I've never really used them before, anyone have any recommendations for a flats newbie?
[/quote]

Many People prefer the Thomastik Jazz Flats or LaBella Flatwounds, but I am a Flat Newbie too. I've tried the D'Addario Chromes, but they are a bit stiff and have lots of Tension. Anyway. Soundwise they were good.

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1455803777' post='2982574']
Looks like lovely workmanship - I just wish I liked a single shape they make: sadly, I don't like Fender lookalikeys, and the others (singlecuts and the..Frog, is it?) don't appeal either. :(
[/quote]

The way I understand it you could ask them to make whatever you like.

[quote name='Mattpt85' timestamp='1455802925' post='2982568']
Something is telling me to try flats on this, I've never really used them before, anyone have any recommendations for a flats newbie?
[/quote]

I use Chrome flats on my Elwood. They are brighter than most flats so you retain a little more edge to still cut through a band mix.

[quote name='spyder' timestamp='1455807527' post='2982616']
I use Chrome flats on my Elwood. They are brighter than most flats so you retain a little more edge to still cut through a band mix.
[/quote]

Sounds like what I'm after! The sound is really bright anyway so I think it can stand it and have a sneaking suspicion it will work really well