Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWNChrome Red, Active Special Precision Bass

thebeat

[b]Withdrawn...bought some passive Kent Armstrong pups...gonna change it to passive and sell the Aguilar and EMG's.
[/b]

This is a slightly modified version of the Forum Famous controversial P Bass that all regulars of the forum have come to know and love...except me.

It has a Chrome Red MIA Special P body, routed in the factory for a bridge pup...some would have you believe it is a MIM body but i soundly believe it is a MIA...i have no evidence to back this up other than the info from the original owner and the fact that it does not smell of enchiladas, but does have a slight smell of Hershey Bars about it.

It is fitted with EMG pups and Aguilar OBP2 pre. A very versatile sounding bass for those who like the EMG sound....i don't, so it has to go. It originally had an Allparts jazz neck fitted, it now has a P neck from my Highway 1 P bass and looks much better for it in my, not so humble, opinion. At least i now know that the neck at least was made in America if nowt else.
It also has a Bad Ass II bridge fitted.

It's in VGC with only one ding on the top of the body and the usual swirl marks to be expected with a bass of this age...one of the volume pots is a bit scratchy too. It will be posted in a functional Gator case. Strap locks are NOT included.

Asking £400 posted. No offers or swaps, payment by Bank Transfer only.

Edited by thebeat

Thats a heck of a lot of bass for the money. . It looks much much better with the rosewood board as well

I'd be sorely tempted if I didnt already have a more than capable P/J bass (SB-2)

Alistair bought my Asat bass from me this week and is a top guy to deal with.

Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='287703' date='Sep 19 2008, 09:51 PM']When were the pics taken mate? I can’t see the Bad Ass II?

Fantastic price with everything considered…[/quote]

Pics were taken when i was trying out the Bad Ass on the Highway 1. Just realised that i do have some circumstantial evidence that this is a MIA body....American P Bass pickguards fit right on...mexican ones have the screw holes in different places and don't.

[quote name='thebeat' post='287719' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:19 PM']Pics were taken when i was trying out the Bad Ass on the Highway 1. Just realised that i do have some circumstantial evidence that this is a MIA body....American P Bass pickguards fit right on...mexican ones have the screw holes in different places and don't.[/quote]
That is not quite true. I fitted a new US pickguard onto a Chrome Red MIM P-Bass and it fitted perfectly. I think you will find the MIM basses, (Precision and Jazz) built in the last 5 or so years are pretty much identical in the hardware department fixings.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='287721' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:24 PM']That is not quite true.[/quote]

Ah well at least that means it's not quite wrong either :) Put it this way...i had an Arctic White MIM p bass, bought new this year from IMUSO, that i sold on here to another member and the pickguard that you see on this bass would not fit on it, however, it would fit directly onto my Highway 1....WD music also sell both American and Mexican P pickguards....both with differing screw holes...i know this because i've bought both.

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='thebeat' post='287719' date='Sep 19 2008, 10:19 PM']Pics were taken when i was trying out the Bad Ass on the Highway 1. Just realised that i do have some circumstantial evidence that this is a MIA body....American P Bass pickguards fit right on...mexican ones have the screw holes in different places and don't.[/quote]
Didn't the highway 1 come with a badass? Or is that the highway 1 upgrade or something?

[quote name='thebeat' post='292225' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:53 PM']Cheers Johnny. Take it you're the same Johnnylager that used to frequent the DVD Forums?[/quote]
Precisions need dots.

What, there's another JL? I only frequent the kind of DVD forum one needs good antivirus software for... :)

EDIT: Kev's after a 4-string again...

<ducks>

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='johnnylager' post='292394' date='Sep 26 2008, 07:45 AM']Precisions need dots.[/quote]
Luddite. :huh: Precisions already have dots - that's why they need blocks! :)

I'm on the DVD Forums, been a member for years. I hardly ever post though because it's such a cliquey ladfest over there.

J.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='292683' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:00 PM']Tea->screen, ta. You'll be telling me Ricks looks better with dots next and that's heresy. :huh:[/quote]
Will I 'eck as like! Full-width sparklies - to go with checker binding, wavy Grovers, toaster & cast/slotted tailpiece! :)

J.

After seeing pics of the highway 1 i'd definatly leave the maple neck on there. i prefer this with the rosewood neck anyway! or these different pickups to when it had the maple neck, or is it just the different neck that makes it look really different? (sorry if you answered that in the first post, i just sort of skimmed through it, cba to read the whole chunk of text)