Why become a member? ×

F/S F/T Limelight Custom Jazz No. 00157 (now sold, please freeze)
£700

jimbobothy

TTT and slight price drop (again) so now £650.

Even though I dig my Warwicks, and can't really see myself using this loads so hence one reason for the sale. I'm still tempted to leave it under the bed if it doesn't go soon lol!

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1455979932' post='2984209']
TTT

If this doesn't go soon I'll keep it, market is a bit odd at the moment isn't it :P
[/quote]

Yes, the marketplace is really slow. Some fab basses have come up for sale recently, and gone for far less than their usual worth.
I can't quite understand how or why this is? Maybe there are several reasons?
But this Limelight looks stunning! Having played 2 Limelights in the past, I know they are quality basses

I don't need a Jazz atm (or any other bass for that! haven't we all got too many lol) but if I did,
I'd seriously be considering this bass. Lovely colour, great matching headstock

GLWTS

TTT folks.

Very nice bass for not a lot really, £650 also includes a spare Fender Roadworn bridge and a Fender padded gig bag.

I'd let the jazz go on it's own for £625. That's a great deal, especially as the bass was around £1200 when new.

Sorry no vids as I wouldn't really know how to do that lol!

Edited by jimbobothy

.... have I priced this too modestly that people think it's a lemon? I jumped on it when it went down from £800 to £700 and thought I'd snapped up a bargain.

I've had a Limelight P bass, and then this jazz. The P played very well, this J does also. If I was sticking to 4 strings I'd sell my 3 Warwick Broadnecked 5 stringers and go for another Limelight jazz. Considering the feel, playability and quality of the components you really can't go wrong with a Limelight.

TTT

Edited by jimbobothy

[quote name='jimbobothy' timestamp='1457451349' post='2998708']
.... have I priced this too modestly that people think it's a lemon? I jumped on it when it went down from £800 to £700 and thought I'd snapped up a bargain.
[/quote]

I certainly don't think it's a "lemon". It just seems a tough time to sell a decent bass atm
The marketplace is, and has been full of examples of fine instruments which are just not selling, or have been reduced in asking price,
to a level that is well below their actual value.....

It's a great shame that this is the situation for a seller, but if you're looking to buy, obviously, it's perceived to be great
However, if you need to sell on, you too will find you can't get what it's actually worth
I've played a couple of Limelights, and they were both fab basses. Yours too looks to be great
Set yourself a lowest price, and if it doesn't sell for that - hang on to it

Sorry, can't suggest any more than that really. If I needed a Jazz, I'd seriously be considering this bass
Again GLWTS :)

This is a really lovely bass at an astounding price in my opinion. I had a Limelight J and it was sublime (the OW 'reference' heavy relic). The necks are J width nut but slightly (and it really is slight) thicker front to back. They don't feel overly 'substantial' but are solid, slick and comfortable - 'fast' if that actually means anything? Pickups are excellent too and the overall feel and aesthetic is fantastic - very usable basses. This example is an absolute steal (and it's just 20 minutes over the Pennines from me!) Somebody is going to get a bargain.

It's not a great market for sellers at the minute - it's always a bit quiet after Christmas for a while as people have often overspent over the period. This is a very fair price for this bass, in fact even though I've bought too many basses of late, the only thing holding me back is the colour which just isn't "me". I guess it's up to each seller how quickly they want to sell their wares, I had to price mine fairly keenly to get them to sell recently.

TTT with a price drop, £600 bass only £625 with case and spare bridge. NB. This bass is collection only, thanks for all the postal offers, but I prefer any buyer to play any bass I sell before it's sold thanks. Peace.

Edited by jimbobothy