Why become a member? ×

Billy Sheehan Attitude Special. Signed by Billy. Sold..
£300

Adethefade

I bought this on Basschat quite recently, put on some new strings and got it professionally set up. It sounds exactly like it should - instant Billy! It plays really well and is in great condition with no chips. Some slight marks on the back but that's all. The truth is I just have too many basses and whilst I'm a great admirer of the man himself, the reality is that I'm unlikely to play this one. It'll come in a padded bag and I can ship it within the UK for £15.

Incidentally, the truss rod cover is now back in place, it was on the luthier's workbench!

I've added some pics of the neck because I've been asked about it. It has some 'string bending' marks but nothing major...and there's part of the join between fingerboard and neck that's slightly more defined than the rest. I can't get a fingernail to catch on it so there's no serious problem there.

...AND...the nut is 40mm wide, I've been asked that too.

[attachment=210059:At 1.jpg][attachment=210060:AT 2.jpg][attachment=210063:AT 5.jpg][attachment=210065:AT 7.jpg][attachment=210066:AT 8.jpg][attachment=210067:AT 9.jpg]

The neck!!

[attachment=212227:IMG_3867.jpg][attachment=212228:IMG_3868.jpg][attachment=212229:IMG_3869.jpg][attachment=212230:IMG_3870.jpg][attachment=212231:IMG_3871.jpg]

Edited by Adethefade

40mm nut, similar profile neck to NateMendel sign, so between standard P and J.
Strong enough to hammer nails in, keep drummers/punters in place.
Neck pup, get your Bad Co smooth on.
Middle (P) pup, get yer 'Arry on. More growl than a pissed off Rottweiler.
Mix both, loads of variation.

MASSIVELY under rated basses.

I've finally got down to 3 basses. Please buy this and save me from myself :P

• 3 weeks later...

Awww Ade! Gutted it didn't work out for you. If it's any help to any potential buyer, this Bass used to be mine and I sold it to Ade. It's in excellent condition and will now play even better than when I had it given that it's been re-strung and given a setup.

Oh and Ade is a really nice bloke too!