Why become a member? ×

Favorite Bowie song.

Japhet

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1452631103' post='2951907']
Impossible to choose, but listening to Let's Dance today I had forgotten how much I liked Cat People (Putting Out The Fire). Was sad to hear that Bowie had gone off that album, and yes, it was very 80's, but I still love it.
[/quote]

We used to play China Girl ( nice bass) and Heroes in a previous band.would have liked to have done Cat People. Great song. Not sure about the film, apart from Natassia Kinski of course

Edited by lonestar

I got an email from a Bowie cover band - The Thin White Duke who are looking for a new bassist; I'm not looking for another band at the moment or would be all over this, so a good opportunity for someone on here maybe? They rehearse in Pease Pottage, near Crawley and just off the A23/M23

Not a song, but I've been listening to a lot of Bowie over the past few days. Black Tie White Noise is an album that I bought when it came out, but it sort of disappeared into my collection and didn't come out very often. I've played it a few times lately and it has very much grown in my estimation. It does have some outright pop on it and Wedding Song isn't the best starter, but IMHO as an album it works well as an album overall.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1453143300' post='2956818']
Not a song, but I've been listening to a lot of Bowie over the past few days. Black Tie White Noise is an album that I bought when it came out, but it sort of disappeared into my collection and didn't come out very often. I've played it a few times lately and it has very much grown in my estimation. It does have some outright pop on it and Wedding Song isn't the best starter, but IMHO as an album it works well as an album overall.
[/quote]

I've been revisiting Bowie too and reminding myself of some of his best work. Fascination from Young Americans is top of my list today; awesome vocals, really impressive. I'm also going to purchase the two Tin Machine albums which I never got round to investigating.

Buddha Of Suburbia is another great album that is worthy of a revisit.

Been listening to this track a lot today. Absolutely fecking awesome! One of the most haunting videos I have ever seen and the music is simply beautiful. Reminiscent of a meeting between Air and Scott Walker... Maybe a bit of Mogwai thrown in too?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kszLwBaC4Sw[/media]

Edited by Conan