Why become a member? ×

The Perfect Bass Of 2015

Happy Jack

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1450950625' post='2937242']
Yes Jazz basses are cool... but every time I buy one, the bloody nut width is too narrow. What's that comment about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result being a sign of insanity..? Wibble. Bwa-ha-ha. Spoon. Herring.
[/quote]

I capitalised on this earlier this year, taking your Sire MM :) Still going strong, fabulous instrument.
If not BC bass of the year, certainly the most hyped.

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1450891899' post='2936804']
Speaking of G&L, my revelation of the year was dropping an MFD into a Squier Matt Freeman, a sort of poor man's L1000. It easily holds it's own against my other (much more expensive) basses
[URL=http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/iankay/media/Stuff/IMG_2891.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i370/iankay/Stuff/IMG_2891.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

That's an awesome idea!

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1450952453' post='2937271']
I capitalised on this earlier this year, taking your Sire MM :) Still going strong, fabulous instrument.
If not BC bass of the year, certainly the most hyped.
[/quote]

I believe I did a fair amount of the hyping. :blush: Glad you're still enjoying your Sire.

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1450958994' post='2937354']
Design one yourself & get Jon Shuker to make for you your perfect bass :)
[/quote]

It's a dream a lot of people have, but having seen the results of many self-designed basses, I can only come to the conclusion that though one may be a great bass player, one is not always necessarily a great bass designer. ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='ikay' timestamp='1450891899' post='2936804']
Speaking of G&L, my revelation of the year was dropping an MFD into a Squier Matt Freeman, a sort of poor man's L1000. It easily holds it's own against my other (much more expensive) basses
[url="http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/iankay/media/Stuff/IMG_2891.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

Now that's my idea of what the perfect bass should look like and if I was 'normal' that's exactly what I'd be playing.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1450959412' post='2937360']
It's a dream a lot of people have, but having seen the results of many self-designed basses, I can only come to the conclusion that though one may be a great bass player, one is not always necessarily a great bass designer. ;)
[/quote] Get Jon to help you . Me " Hi Jon would you build me a bass ?" Jon "yes sure what type " Me " A black one " ;) over a hundred emails later & it was done :)

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1450965213' post='2937444']
Get Jon to help you . Me " Hi Jon would you build me a bass ?" Jon "yes sure what type " Me " A black one " ;) over a hundred emails later & it was done :)
[/quote]

I was speaking generally... I'm sure your bass is great. ;)

[quote name='Kevin Dean' timestamp='1450958994' post='2937354']
Design one yourself & get Jon Shuker to make for you your perfect bass :)[attachment=207917:new bass rig.jpg]
[/quote]

Love that! Is it basically a 24 fret P bass? Whats the pickup?

Also love the murdered out look. I have a Maruszczyk on order that's as black as its possible to be aswell.

I returned to fretless playing via a Spector Spectorcore 5. Also needed a slightly lighter weighing bass due to shoulder problems and the semi hollowed body is a good hybrid, solid enough to give some punch, no feedback problems but not so heavy as a normal solid. The set up straight out of the box was superb (much better than my US Jazz 5 which cost twice as much).