Why become a member? ×

***SOLD**** Fender 1957 Precision Bass ***Now below £6K!!!*** Original Vintage
£6500

Chiliwailer

[quote name='chrisanthony1211' timestamp='1452113454' post='2946679']

I've got a couple of grand tucked away under the bed just in case number four come up for sale (a purple sparkly type flea bass!!)
[/quote]

Argh, that's dangerous talk Chris....just as I've got all settled with it again! I was considering selling it so that I can keep this 57, if I was a wise man that'd be the right thing to do for sure.

Without a doubt, you will be the very first person to know if my purple sparkly princess comes up for sale again.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1452113806' post='2946690']

Argh, that's dangerous talk Chris....just as I've got all settled with it again! I was considering selling it so that I can keep this 57, if I was a wise man that'd be the right thing to do for sure.

Without a doubt, you will be the very first person to know if my purple sparkly princess comes up for sale again.
[/quote]

😀😀😀😀😀

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1452267473' post='2948299']
How is this still here at that price.......?
[/quote]

Not quite sure myself Chris.

The gearbox just went in my car, won't be a cheap fix either so that rules me out on keeping this one.

So interested BC'ers, get in touch before I take it to a dealer please, let's talk! :)

Dan, I suspect that if this was on eBay at a substantially higher price it would sell quickly? OK, it can be quite uncomfortable selling high value items via that route, but the risk can be pretty much mitigated through careful statement of T&Cs in the listing (and obviously if you provide a contact number people will try to deal direct). £6,000 for that bass? As Bacon would say "It's Sale of the f*****g Century" :)

[quote name='cayston' timestamp='1452623116' post='2951809']
Awesome looking bass Daniel. I'd grab it if I was after an early 50s P bass..
[/quote]

Cheers Seni, I know where to come when the next Jazz Bass shaped one comes along!

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1452629017' post='2951882']
Dan, I suspect that if this was on eBay at a substantially higher price it would sell quickly? OK, it can be quite uncomfortable selling high value items via that route, but the risk can be pretty much mitigated through careful statement of T&Cs in the listing (and obviously if you provide a contact number people will try to deal direct). £6,000 for that bass? As Bacon would say "It's Sale of the f*****g Century" :)
[/quote]

It's on eBay pal, but no serious interest just yet. Could be a time of year thing, but could also be that at this value people are scared? Thing is, this bass has the all clear from Andy Baxter and a sales receipt for £8k from NKR, how often can you get that on a "sale of the f****ing century?!" :)

This sure is a deal that won't come around again, that's for sure. I suspect it'll end up with a dealer soon, I'll get more cash back but could do without the hassle. Would rather sell it this way if I can.

Hope you're enjoying the new studio Chris. :)

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1452629075' post='2951883']

I'd love to see you in a white one-piece rhinestone jumpsuit Greg :)
[/quote]

You silver-tongued devil Chris....... ;)

The Man-cave - oops I mean Studio - looks fantastic, hope you won't regret selling that lovely Wal though

Dan - this bass will bug me till it's sold! How does it compare as a players instrument to that superbly refinished '57P you sold a while back?

[quote name='Shaggy' timestamp='1452637727' post='2952003']

Dan - this bass will bug me till it's sold! How does it compare as a players instrument to that superbly refinished '57P you sold a while back?
[/quote]

Hard to say without them together Greg, but both are powerhouses of a bass, huge tone and incredible natural warmth. I've been playing this bass non stop, love using it for noodling or playing along to old school RnB, Soul, Creedence and Neil Young type tunes. It has also become my number 1 sittings on the couch bass because of the feel and the vibe. I can recall that the neck on this one is more V shaped compared to the other, so feels more old school and vintage.

Would be a crime if this bass didn't get played lots by the next owner, it's natural tone is lovely.

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1453379071' post='2958883']
Folks, this is now below £6k which is insane.

[size=5][b]£5800 o.n.o[/b][/size]

A few of you may want to work out a timeshare deal? :gas:
[/quote]

Whatever the situation with vintage prices at the moment, there will be a point in the not too distant future at which this instrument will sell for close to twice what Dan is asking for it. On that basis alone I'm tempted, seriously. I reckon even if I put it on the CC I'd still be quids in.......

But apart from that, what a piece of history, and what a bass. If it were this time last year I'd have been buying it.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1453381928' post='2958931']

Whatever the situation with vintage prices at the moment, there will be a point in the not too distant future at which this instrument will sell for close to twice what Dan is asking for it. On that basis alone I'm tempted, seriously. I reckon even if I put it on the CC I'd still be quids in.......

But apart from that, what a piece of history, and what a bass. If it were this time last year I'd have been buying it.
[/quote]

Right you are Chris and the lower the price goes the more nuts I feel. This will be one I won't enjoy looking back on, sellers regret... :(

Edited by Chiliwailer