Why become a member? ×

Bronco bass pu upgrade ideas

Twincam

Hot Rails, Cool Rails, and I put a lipstick pickup in one I had (8K bridge position for Strat) which worked well and looked fantastic. Only downside was nowhere to rest my thumb so I put a thumbrest on as well.

Edited by neepheid

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1448212936' post='2913705']
Cool rails seemed to be the one getting most love when I looked into it. I actually thought the stock one was fine though. I really enjoyed the bass, I didn't want to pass it on to the person I sourced it for.
[/quote]

The standard pu is ok I don't think it's bad but it's lacking and is low output. Actually really liking the bass, going to get another mustang but this will see me till then. There's nothing wrong with these little Broncos at all. Mine is red but going to spray it white.

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1448180414' post='2913414']
I bought an old Badtz Maru Musicmaster (look it up) and put a hotrails strat sized pickup in it. It's great...high output, drives nicely.
[/quote]

this was mine, does it still have the custom pickguard I made or have you gone back to the original one?

I really liked this bass, I only sold it because NancyJohnson asked so politely.

Matt

I have a Bronco that I picked up on BC. I asked Jamie from At The Creamery, to wind me a pickup (reasonable price too, I think it was under £60) and it sounds great. The Bronco has become my go to bass when I'm worried about the travel conditions. It was a drop-in pickup and I rest my thumb on the top of the pick up too.

[quote name='Matt P' timestamp='1448283370' post='2914099']

this was mine, does it still have the custom pickguard I made or have you gone back to the original one?

I really liked this bass, I only sold it because NancyJohnson asked so politely.

Matt
[/quote]

I went with the original pickguard...it's so good. Man that bass has been to hell and back. Long, long story. I love it.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1448180679' post='2913418']
Hot Rails, Cool Rails, and I put a lipstick pickup in one I had (8K bridge position for Strat) which worked well and looked fantastic. Only downside was nowhere to rest my thumb so I put a thumbrest on as well.
[/quote]

Did I buy this off you? If so it sounds great and plays really well. Unfortunately it belongs to the bassist in my band so I hardly ever get to see it :(

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1448361992' post='2914680']

Did I buy this off you? If so it sounds great and plays really well. Unfortunately it belongs to the bassist in my band so I hardly ever get to see it :(
[/quote]

I think you did :) Nice to hear it's still being put to good use.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1448365182' post='2914728']
It's used on this [url="https://soundcloud.com/creepjoint/bass-invader"]https://soundcloud.c...nt/bass-invader[/url] but very dirty! It's got a lovely clanky sound with the tone pot all the way up
[/quote]

Cool! The little bass that could :)