Why become a member? ×

FS Black Fender American P with Maple neck - Reduced £550*
£600

Dogz73

Selling my Fender special P in black with tort plate.

Has upgraded Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pups fitted and sounds awsome. (Stock pups will also be included)

1 small ding on the back but otherwise in superb condition.

Comes with Hiscox hardcase.

UK delivery included in the price but collection from Cardiff welcome.

Edited by Dogz73

[quote name='garry warrington' timestamp='1446304678' post='2898496']
In what way do the SD pickups sound better than the originals?

Thanks
[/quote]

I've played one of these before, and I found the pickup lacked the fullness and power you'd expect from a US made Precision. I have had a P with a Quarter Pounder in it and I noticed it was loud and perhaps a little "scooped" sounding, but in a tasteful and useable way. I guess thats why a lot of punk and rock guys use them.

Sorry to butt in, just a note to say I have a black/maple precision with sd qp's, and it's my favourite bass - the qp's add a lot of punch in the low-mids, they make precisions sound a lot more substantial than the stock pickups. It's the one bass that always gets compliments wherever I play it, so i'd say it's a good upgrade for sure.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1446332389' post='2898697']
Sorry to butt in, just a note to say I have a black/maple precision with sd qp's, and it's my favourite bass - the qp's add a lot of punch in the low-mids, they make precisions sound a lot more substantial than the stock pickups. It's the one bass that always gets compliments wherever I play it, so i'd say it's a good upgrade for sure.
[/quote]

+1 from me.

I think there are a few differences. The Special has a thinner neck which was what sold it for me, its more like a J neck and really easy to play.

I think the bridge and tuners are different but in what way I'm not sure.

THe PUPs are upgraded so not relevent but I do have the stock pups somewhere that i will include.

My US Standard has a few differences, mainly in the neck and hardware.

Hi-mass bridge (string through body or bridge), better tuners, graphite-reinforced neck (helps with stability and dead spots), compound radius (flatter up top for faster playing), finish on the back of the neck is nicer as well (half way between glossy and smooth/satin) which is very comfortable. Mine is a 2011, and they've since added Custom Shop pickups and different finish options.

I almost bought a US Special FSR with the honey finish… could'a would'a should'a.