Why become a member? ×

Brave restoration project

Roger2611

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1971-MK1-ford-capri-3-0-1-previous-owner-55k-miles-for-complete-restoration-/181912690906?hash=item2a5ad760da:g:dNAAAOSwYHxWLNb5"]http://www.ebay.co.u...NAAAOSwYHxWLNb5[/url]

Ok so not music related but I wonder if there is some kind of unwritten challenge to see who can list the worst restoration project possible, I like the comment from the seller "I will not sell the parts the car will sell complete" err no it won't most of it has already oxidised and I am sure if you loaded it onto a trailer and drove for any distance the wind would see to it that even less of it was left by the time you got it home.

This is not the worst shed I have seen in the classics section but it has got to be pretty close!

There are 4 bidders (at the time of writing) - I wonder how many of the parts are actually salvageable and whether the chassis is sound enough to actually justify starting this as a project - you're certainly going to need new wings and a bonnet - as the ad says "brave"..

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1446071582' post='2896763']
At least he didn't call it a 'barn find', which seems to be standard knackered car parlance these days.
[/quote]

+1 I've seen a few of those over here recently ("Barn Finds" in the Rep. of Ireland).

It's got to be worth something to a restorer - but as it's not in running condition and the "fantastic condition" interior looks neglected and moldy it's probably not a good candidate for restoration.