Why become a member? ×

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe.....

DavidMcKay

Gallus arrived today. Bit larger than expected (feels a lot like the Overwater Tanglewood Aspiration Elite I used to own) but sits really well on the strap and lap.

I think the J Type pips it on looks though. I'm also looking to buy the J Type but the seller doesn't seem to read their PMs.

Assuming I'm successful I'll be able to try each for a while and then keep the one that works best for me.

[quote name='DavidMcKay' timestamp='1445283993' post='2890298']
Gallus arrived today. Bit larger than expected (feels a lot like the Overwater Tanglewood Aspiration Elite I used to own) but sits really well on the strap and lap.

I think the J Type pips it on looks though. I'm also looking to buy the J Type but the seller doesn't seem to read their PMs.

Assuming I'm successful I'll be able to try each for a while and then keep the one that works best for me.
[/quote]

When does the arran jumper arrive lol 😉

P.S. Salmon Pink 👍

Guest bassman7755

Id go for the 2nd because of the pickup config, the single mid mounted pickup as on #1 only works for fretless IME (although those who like a P type sound would probably disagree).

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1445317251' post='2890467']
Id go for the 2nd because of the pickup config, the single mid mounted pickup as on #1 only works for fretless IME (although those who like a P type sound would probably disagree).
[/quote]

Yep, I disagree. That is to say, I agree that I would (or do) disagree. Or maybe i should say... oh crap.

Although neither do it for me, I might feel differently if I had ever played one, so I favour the OP's plan to get both, try them out, and move one on.

[quote name='DavidMcKay' timestamp='1445457973' post='2891701']
I have now fallen in love with a Sandberg Panther 5 String so the ACG Gallus has to go!

It is available in the For Sale section at £550. Check out the ad and PM me if you think it is for you.

Cheers,

Mac
[/quote]

Trade for a Wal?
;)