Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Three of my fave musicians in the same band and it's all sold out!!

leschirons

I saw them all backing James Taylor in summer. A dream come true.

Sorry to hear it's sold out. Have you tried Ebay small ads? I live in Germany, but here you can always find tickets being sold on, on Ebay. Usual rules apply, of course. Best bet is paypal or pick the tickets up in person. People aren't likely to do you over when you know where they live. Sorry if that sounds grim and menacing but... well, you know what I mean.

Aaah, I've just realised you're based in France, aren't you? So, Ebay's no use... sorry :(

Edited by SICbass

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1443980088' post='2879181']
Seems they're avoiding France too on the tour.
[/quote]
It seems that a lot of bands touring Europe are starting to avoid whole countries or regions completely. For example: my favourite guitar chap Mike Stern is on a 'European tour' this November (Tom Kennedy on bass, Chambers on drums!) , so I eagerly checked the tour dates hoping to be able to catch one of the gigs. Fat chance. The itinerary is:
Hungary; Austria; Switzerland; six(!) gigs in Germany; Spain; Poland; that's it. 'European' tour? :(

I'll have a look on UK EBay anyway, see what's about.

Trouble is, like last time I went to Ronnie Scott's (Lee Ritnour, Dave Grusin, Tom Kennedy and Sonny Emory) half the bloody audience have no real interest in the music but just think its the place to go to impress their girlfriend or pals and spend half the night yakking.

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1444313706' post='2882163']
I found that too at Ronnie Scott's last week at the Bebel Gilberto show - I looked round the room and I was the ONLY person grooving along in my seat. Eventually I stood up and grooved along at the bar with apparently the only other person in there with a pulse :(
[/quote]

Yup, 6 months ago, a friend of our son told me he was going to Ronnie Scott's for dinner with some friends. "Who's on?" I enquired.

"Dunno, some bloke or a band maybe. Me mate got the tickets"

Whoever was playing must have been overjoyed with that bunch in the audience.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1447783465' post='2910370']
Fiver for a HD live stream:

[url="http://ronniescottsjazzclub.cleeng.com/steve-gadd-band-live-stream/E251544075_GB"]http://ronniescottsj...m/E251544075_GB[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. May well go with that. Have seen a few Face book clips from earlier in the tour and it looks great as expected.

Just hoping that our internet feed will be fast enough. May even stand outside the house in the cold for 45 minutes first and then get the wife to bump into my chair every 5 mins to make the experience "real" :lol:

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1447839381' post='2910758']
Just hoping that our internet feed will be fast enough. May even stand outside the house in the cold for 45 minutes first and then get the wife to bump into my chair every 5 mins to make the experience "real" :lol:
[/quote]

Invite some strangers in to sit on far end of the sofa and chat loudly about their day.

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1444331202' post='2882378']
Yup, 6 months ago, a friend of our son told me he was going to Ronnie Scott's for dinner with some friends. "Who's on?" I enquired.

"Dunno, some bloke or a band maybe. Me mate got the tickets"

Whoever was playing must have been overjoyed with that bunch in the audience.
[/quote]

i experienced some slick tongued junior apprentice of 'Swiss Tony' trying to schmooze two young lady friends he had taken along to the jazz cafe

completely ignorant and constantly talking over the worlds greatest living guitarist (for it was none other than allan holdsworth)

:(