Why become a member? ×

Sold on Ebay for £75 more than I was asking here. Westone Thunder 1A Bass
£170

Grangur

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is a Westone Thunder 1A 1981/2 precision bass with original pickups; with adjustable cores to the pickups, to allow you to adjust the sound to your taste.[/font][/color]

[b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Price now dropped to £149 plus shipping cost.[/font][/color][/b]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is an active/passive bass and the electrics are the originals with the exception of the one of the battery connectors, which I've replaced. The switches and pots all work well.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are no real dings or scrapes to tell you about with the exception of a small worn patch in the lacquer above the pups. There's no buckle rash or anything.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The strings are good and it's nicely set up. It comes in a "home made" case that was made by the original owner. The lining is a bit moth-eaten, but it's pretty solid and does the job well; not that I'd call it a "flight case".[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The weight of this is about "medium" really. It weighs 4.3Kg. That's 9.48lb in old money. It sits well on the strap without any neck dive and doesn't break your back.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking. The pics aren't the greatest. If you want pics of anything in particular just post below and I'll be pleased to get you the best ones I can.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For those reading in black and white, I live on the Herts/Essex border but do travel about and might be able to deliver. I'm also happy to ship it. Payment by cash or bank transfer prefered.[/font][/color]

Last time I put this bass up here some j@rk P***d me off by telling me it's not in as good condition as I claim.

Actually it's in great condition. The neck is as solid as a rock in the pocket. It's a good bass. There are no dings in the neck, It's as smooth as a baby's behind and the body, while it has one or two scrapes, is in great condition.

It comes with a hardcase that was home-made by the original owner.

The bass is near Stansted airport in Herts/Essex, but I'd be happy to ship by courier it at cost.

It also has a small patch of wear above the pup.

Below you can see a minor mark in the wood on the back of the body near the neck.

But we are talking about a 30 year old bass!

Here it is in it's entirety.

Still interested?

Take a look here: [url="http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/Grangur/slideshow/BC-pics/Basses%20for%20sale/Westone"]http://s1175.photobu...%20sale/Westone[/url]

It won't be here long. I saw one a lot worse for wear go on Ebay for £180 without a case or strap. So I've listed it there too.

So, BC tyre kickers, don't hang about if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1442704024' post='2868943']
Tidy :) I like the hard case, as well.
[/quote]

Thanks mate. I like it too. It's a mite on the heavy side, compared to modern professionally made cases, but it's a nice, quaint, piece of it's history.

• 1 month later...