Why become a member? ×

New Maruszczyk completed and on its way!

Naetharu

[quote name='Naetharu' timestamp='1441891283' post='2862657']
Any chance of a picture of your one? Give how nice all of the Maruszczyk basses are I very much doubt its anything but awesome.
[/quote]

It's here:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/269295-nbd-maruszczyk-jake-4-custom/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/269295-nbd-maruszczyk-jake-4-custom/[/url]

[quote name='zawinul' timestamp='1441890499' post='2862639']
Very nice, i've emailed Adrian a few times and he always seems quite grumpy and not that helpful as I keep asking questions about narrow necks and narrow string spaces!!
[/quote]

I think that it really is a language issue more so than anything else.
From my own experience, my emails were rather long, detailed and seeking suggestions/ advice in the main.
Mostly the responses were short, though provided the information needed perfectly (minimalist :) )

I think, he's a very busy man with a lot of orders at the same time (from this forum alone) and that his English is limited.

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1441891721' post='2862669']
I think that it really is a language issue more so than anything else.
From my own experience, my emails were rather long, detailed and seeking suggestions/ advice in the main.
Mostly the responses were short, though provided the information needed perfectly (minimalist :) )

I think, he's a very busy man with a lot of orders at the same time (from this forum alone) and that his English is limited.
[/quote]

Yeah i think you are probably right!!

Still unsure of whether to order an ACG which has pre-amps i like or a cheaper but equally well built Adrian bass!

now that's yet another beautiful Maruszczyk, absolutely stunning!

I remember asking this forum about any Maruszczyk owners some time ago, and perhaps had two responses with only one owner... it was not that long ago and yet it seems the love for this brand has all of a sudden exploded in a matter of a year or two.

Adrian, btw, is the coolest dude ever, so don't get too worried about his (as you guys put it) "limited English", maybe you should try his fluent German or Polish? (so what's your superpower, eh? ;) )

[quote name='Romeo2' timestamp='1441925419' post='2863107']
now that's yet another beautiful Maruszczyk, absolutely stunning!

I remember asking this forum about any Maruszczyk owners some time ago, and perhaps had two responses with only one owner... it was not that long ago and yet it seems the love for this brand has all of a sudden exploded in a matter of a year or two.

Adrian, btw, is the coolest dude ever, so don't get too worried about his (as you guys put it) "limited English", maybe you should try his fluent German or Polish? (so what's your superpower, eh? ;) )
[/quote]

Yes, there seems to be a well deserved surge of interest with the brand and based on all of the feedback quite rightly so.
Your right though - Adrian's English is certainly not as "limited" as my German or Polish ;) and he has been fantastic to deal with.

Adrian has been a legend with me, very patient and answering a LOT of emails, often in the evenings and weekends!
It pays off though, as we got through my spec, and then I put down the deposit. This industry is littered with people who don't quite have the level of pre-sales commitment and so no-doubt lose customers in the early spec stage.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1441962266' post='2863243']
Adrian has been a legend with me, very patient and answering a LOT of emails, often in the evenings and weekends!
It pays off though, as we got through my spec, and then I put down the deposit. This industry is littered with people who don't quite have the level of pre-sales commitment and so no-doubt lose customers in the early spec stage.

Si
[/quote]

+1 to that! - Exactly the same experience with Adrian.

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1441978317' post='2863480']
Stunning. I would never have thought I would like a redburst but that really is a beautiful looking bass.
[/quote]

You know I am the same - normally I would steer miles away from any kind of 'burst' but there is something about the way these are done - perhaps its the matte finish - that just looks beautiful.

That's really brilliant, delighted for ya!
Sounds like it could not have been any better.

I wondered about the maple necks also, great to hear that they are the same quality as the rest of the woods used. (Not that I should have doubted the quality at all really)
Speaking of quality I came across a video on YouTube of their production set up in Germany. Talk about craftsmen at work it was really fantastic to see the process involved in the build of each bass or guitar.

Between that video and now your post .......................

I wonder how many more sleeps I have before my Jake arrives :gas:

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1442526529' post='2867642']
That's really brilliant, delighted for ya!
Sounds like it could not have been any better.

I wondered about the maple necks also, great to hear that they are the same quality as the rest of the woods used. (Not that I should have doubted the quality at all really)
Speaking of quality I came across a video on YouTube of their production set up in Germany. Talk about craftsmen at work it was really fantastic to see the process involved in the build of each bass or guitar.

Between that video and now your post .......................

I wonder how many more sleeps I have before my Jake arrives :gas:
[/quote]

Oooo, where's this production/factory video? I can't find it

Si

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1442644910' post='2868377']
Here you go Si, it's a real treat.

Check out this video on YouTube:

[media]http://youtu.be/OmTP1Sbf5Qo[/media]
[/quote]

Thanks, interesting watch :).
Can't wait for my Jake to arrive!

Si

Oh dear, that was a silly thing to do. I've just had a look on the Facebook page after reading this thread and now I'm gassing for the white Jake five string on there (and it's in stock now)!
Think I'd prefer it with just the P pup and maybe a black or tort guard though.
Hmmm, am I right in thinking these trend to come in at under £1000?

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1442664214' post='2868603']
Oh dear, that was a silly thing to do. I've just had a look on the Facebook page after reading this thread and now I'm gassing for the white Jake five string on there (and it's in stock now)!
Think I'd prefer it with just the P pup and maybe a black or tort guard though.
Hmmm, am I right in thinking these trend to come in at under £1000?
[/quote]

You are right... sometimes a fair amount under £1000, depending on hardware/electronics choices and other options. My first Jake was only £650 or thereabouts. My second came up to £950, with lots of personal specs. And they're both fantastic.

[quote name='mal2404' timestamp='1442526529' post='2867642']
Speaking of quality I came across a video on YouTube of their production set up in Germany.
[/quote]

I am pretty sure production takes place in Poland, at least that's what the voiceover in the video states. Could explain the exceptional build quality and perhaps how they can keep the prices reasonably low, labour costs in Poland are still much lower than, say, in Germany.

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1442649325' post='2868403']
What is the relationship between Mesinger and [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Maruszczyk?[/font][/color]
[/quote]

They seem to be in a sort of partnership, both companies use the same production facilities. Adrian Maruszczyk owns the Maruszczyk bass brand, Marek Kolasa owns the Mensinger guitar brand - but this is all just guesswork I can do from looking up stuff on their respective websites. (For example, Mr Kolasa's facebook feed shows a trade stand with both Mensinger guitars and Maruszczyk basses. But to make it slightly more confusing, Mensinger produce their own line of basses too.)