Why become a member? ×

UPDATED: SE Bass Bash 27th Sept - RIGS

Merton

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='277175' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:27 PM']when will you be doing a What's Hot/What's Not list re. cabs?[/quote]
When I decide who I'm listening to the most :)

Only kidding. Will have a chat to the other organisers and we'll prob make the definitive list a week before if everyone's cool with that?

[quote name='Merton' post='277178' date='Sep 4 2008, 04:29 PM']When I decide who I'm listening to the most :huh:

Only kidding. Will have a chat to the other organisers and we'll prob make the definitive list a week before if everyone's cool with that?[/quote]

lol! works for me, gives me enough time to sort out any lifts I'll be taking :)

[quote name='andyonbass' post='278048' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:27 PM']There's been some interest on another thread regarding the new Hartke LH500 heads, I've recently acquired one that I could bring along if its not too late to include in the poll, and enough people wanted to have a go?[/quote]
I'd be interested in seeing it. :)

[quote name='andyonbass' post='278048' date='Sep 5 2008, 05:27 PM']There's been some interest on another thread regarding the new Hartke LH500 heads, I've recently acquired one that I could bring along if its not too late to include in the poll, and enough people wanted to have a go?[/quote]
I've tried adding you but it won't let me. Feck it. I'll ask a mod type person...

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='277369' date='Sep 4 2008, 09:20 PM']I think your Hartke "3x10" been snubbed Phil... :huh:

oh...as has my rig & combo. :)[/quote]

OI! Funk off! :lol: if you wanna get technical, it's only a 2x10 cos the wires are still disconnected and the one above the fubar one's not working...BUT it'll be workin within the next 5days so it'll be fiiiiiine for the bash :huh: cheeky git! :huh:

and yes PLEASE :unsure::D:D:D:D!!!

what cab are you runnin it thru? didja want to borrow a 2x15 and 4x10 (which as mentioned above, WILL BE WORKING!!) as extension cabs, see how much trouser it can flap?

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='278205' date='Sep 5 2008, 09:00 PM']and yes PLEASE :):D:D:D:D!!!

what cab are you runnin it thru? didja want to borrow a 2x15 and 4x10 (which as mentioned above, WILL BE WORKING!!) as extension cabs, see how much trouser it can flap?[/quote]

i'm running it through either 2 BFM omni10.5s or a single Omni 10. I'm gigging at the rugby club in Newbury tonight, but I think its a private party. we're setting up at about 6.30 though if you were passing and wanted to have a look

[quote name='andyonbass' post='278391' date='Sep 6 2008, 05:39 AM']i'm running it through either 2 BFM omni10.5s or a single Omni 10. I'm gigging at the rugby club in Newbury tonight, but I think its a private party. we're setting up at about 6.30 though if you were passing and wanted to have a look[/quote]

*drool!* the new Hartke head runnin thru BFMs?! god that sounds goooood :) ! If you don't mind me poppin round, that'll be great!

So have you built all three BFM cabs yourself?

I'm building a couple of O10.5s at the moment, but my rate of progress is a bit slow, so I got a couple from Thumper a few months back.I can use them for PA in my blues band or use the LH500 is to drive the two additional cabs if we need to get REALLY loud :) I'm planning on carpeting the second cab today, but by the time i've done all the unpaid taxi work for the kids and other chores, its probably gonna be time to load up!!
This is as far as i've got with this one

[attachment=13022:20july4.JPG]

Yeah, drop in later, its in monks lane, i believe

[quote name='andyonbass' post='278428' date='Sep 6 2008, 09:43 AM']I'm building a couple of O10.5s at the moment, but my rate of progress is a bit slow, so I got a couple from Thumper a few months back.I can use them for PA in my blues band or use the LH500 is to drive the two additional cabs if we need to get REALLY loud :huh: I'm planning on carpeting the second cab today, but by the time i've done all the unpaid taxi work for the kids and other chores, its probably gonna be time to load up!!
This is as far as i've got with this one

[attachment=13022:20july4.JPG]

Yeah, drop in later, its in monks lane, i believe[/quote]

very nice! I'm pluckin up the courage to build one...probably have a week off and do it in one sitting, a bigassed omni 15 or something equally stupid :)

I'll defo see you tonight, I've played at the rugby club (on the grassy bit with a weird shaped ball) so I'll have no worries finding it! :huh:

See ya in a few! Have fun bein a Taxi!

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='278502' date='Sep 6 2008, 11:34 AM']I would be quite interested in seeing how my GB head sounds through one of those BFM cabs. Unfortunately the amp only has speakon output sockets.[/quote]

I'll bring a cable.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='278502' date='Sep 6 2008, 11:34 AM']I would be quite interested in seeing how my GB head sounds through one of those BFM cabs. Unfortunately the amp only has speakon output sockets.[/quote]

I use the speakon outs on the Markbass, but the Hartke only has jack speaker connectors, so i have made up cables to suit either. The BFM only has speakons.

I think someone is bringing a bfm, but if not, I could bring mine, although it may put a spanner in the works of any lift sharing plans!