Why become a member? ×

Nice description! What a load of old tosh...

Hilarious. If I could be arsed (which I can't) I'd send the seller a message along the lines of :

[i]"Just to let you know, your description of your £300 bass is utter made-up rubbish. Please go and read a book. Have a nice day".[/i]

Jon.

If he believes what he's saying he's in for a big let down. Nice basses, but worth about £200. Although I did see this one go for £300 the other day. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Guitar-Squire-Fender-/121682142426?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=IpAg8yUpN0IrxJkWzVG09Jq5QFc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

"the only difference between these and the highly regarded JV series is these had USA pickups"

Well, I have a JV and a silver series. Play them back to back and then tell me there's no difference other than the pickups. Then you can have a look at your 'USA pickups' and see the ceramic bar hanging off the bottom, as these didn't even use Alnico pole pieces.

I'm actually about to drop a new pickup into my silver series, maybe I should try and sell him the original? 'Vintage 1991 USA P bass pickup.'

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1436998640' post='2822789']

For the sake of my own vanity, anything made whilst I've been alive is not Vintage. :P

I'm old enough to remember a time when '80s instruments were not considered vintage. When will this madness end. :ph34r:

I don't get the love that old '90s MIM instruments get, for whatever reason. Those cheapskate Jazz basses with the two identical-sized pickups and the single-ply white pickguard, to name but one example. A 2015 MIM standard will out perform the '90s instrument. Some stuff is just legitimately better for being newer...
[/quote]

I agree, and I'm one of those people that think the 90's was 10 years ago.