Why become a member? ×

June Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And the winner is...

Skol303..!

Suspense again, but the people have spoken...

Here , then, is your Winner's Certificate (download and save as pdf file, then proudly print and frame...) ...

[attachment=195399:BC_Chal_Cert_2015_06.pdf]

... which looks like this (but bigger, of course..!)...

[attachment=195400:BC_Chal_Cert_2015_06.png]

A mixed bag of interpretations again, and a fairly wide spread of votes, so all were appreciated by someone..! Shame we can’t have multiple winners. Any mileage in declaring a Silver and Bronze, though..?. B)

[rant] I find, personally, that the number of folks that go to the trouble of voting is disappointingly low. Can’t be helped, I suppose, but, to me, it seems a shame when there’s so much good stuff being produced. Their loss, I know, but still...[/rant][/font][/size]

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1435726083' post='2811804']
Interestingly, my soundcloux listen count for each tune is in the region of 100-150 so people are listening, just not voting.
[/quote]

Quite; even mine are up in the 60s. They may not all be BCers, though, as anyone can connect to Soundcloud and listen (and why not, indeed..?). How many folks from BC listen..? No way of telling, I think. Does it matter..? Not a jot, the world keeps on spinning... :rolleyes: I suppose 19 voters, 10 of whom have entered a piece, is better than 6 or 7..! We've had more in the past, so there is hope yet. We were chastised for being too forward with our promotion of the Challenge; maybe the pendulum has swung the other way and it's not promoted enough..? I should probably fret about it less and simply be grateful for the hard core of followers we currently enjoy. I'm sure, though, that there are a fair few out there that don't even [i]know [/i]there's a Challenge every month..! :huh:

Congratulations Skol !

I enjoyed listening to them all and it was pretty close in the end......

For what it's worth, I did notice a sharp increase in plays on soundcloud just after Dad3353's excellent reviews came up....(they are class )

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1435734362' post='2811836']
Well done Skol. :D

I can't help thinking, that if Bilbo had added three extra semi quavers to his 13/8 composition,
that he might have got three extra votes needed for victory.
[/quote]

Made me smile......

Well done Skol (and all who contributed!); just make sure this month's piccy allows me to channel my inner Nick Drake :gas:

And strangely, my odd non-entry compo got 60odd listens, and the better one only got 39!
Perhaps 21 of those who endured the 1st one thought "I'm not listening to any more of eejit's self indulgent sh&*e!"

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1435705630' post='2811771'][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And the winner is...Skol303..![/font][/quote]
[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1435729800' post='2811812']
PS Well done Paul.
PPS I bear grudges
PPPS Forever[/quote]
:D
[quote name='BirchTree' timestamp='1435734286' post='2811834']Congratulations Skol![/quote]
[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1435734362' post='2811836']Well done Skol.[/quote]
[quote name='fingers211' timestamp='1435736658' post='2811857']Congratulations Skol ![/quote]

Cheers all! It was a close run finish with Bilbo and paul h, so hats off to those guys too and everyone else :hi:

It [i]is[/i] disappointing that we don't get more interest in the voting; but we've had a big discussion about it in the past and, well, you can "lead a horse to water...." etc, etc. Some people just aren't arsed and don't know what they're missing. And despite it being a cliche, the real buzz from these challenges is in the writing and recording - as we all know. The voting is really just a whimsical 'show and tell', but it's fun nonetheless :)

Thanks again to all who took part. Sterling work. I'll post up this month's challenges ASAP today...

[quote name='Bilbo' timestamp='1435736651' post='2811855']
Do you mind? My composition was perfect! It's the public who are wrong.
[/quote]

This is true. B)

[quote name='fingers211' timestamp='1435736658' post='2811857']...
For what it's worth, I did notice a sharp increase in plays on soundcloud just after Dad3353's excellent reviews came up....(they are class )...
[/quote]

:blush: Thanks

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1435737182' post='2811864']...
Perhaps 21 of those who endured the 1st one thought "I'm not listening to any more of eejit's self indulgent sh&*e!"
[/quote]

This, too, is true. :mellow:

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1435737182' post='2811864']Well done Skol (and all who contributed!); just make sure this month's piccy allows me to channel my inner Nick Drake :gas:[/quote]

Ta! But no promises on the Nick Drake front... :D

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1435737556' post='2811867']
This, too, is true. :mellow:
[/quote]

Perhaps being billed as "Leonard Smalls' No. 2" didn't help...

And where's the next photo? I could have written, recorded and produced yet another smash hit by now!
:D

Edited by Leonard Smalls

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1435744496' post='2811955']
Perhaps being billed as "Leonard Smalls' No. 2" didn't help!
[/quote]

Don't think so; if it was that, you'd be flushed with success. :mellow:

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1435744744' post='2811960']

So you're retired too, huh..? :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Frayed knot!
As it's my day off I'm just looking for excuses not to have to weed the Lonicera, plant a clematis, clean dog poo from the lawn (and usually off the raised beds, the little scamps) and rake out the old cement mortar in the back wall ready to replace with lime.
It's driving me round the bend!

Edited by Leonard Smalls

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1435745335' post='2811973']
...and not to be sniffed at.
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Leonard Smalls' timestamp='1435745635' post='2811979']
Frayed knot!
As it's my day off I'm just looking for excuses not to have to weed the Lonicera, plant a clematis, clean dog poo from the lawn (and usually off the raised beds, the little scamps) and rake out the old cement mortar in the back wall ready to replace with lime.
It's driving me round the bend!
[/quote]

Get writing the 'tube de l'été', then..!