Why become a member? ×

What would you do if...

Ruck

I think the biggest issue here is the fact it was left on your door step. That's not delivered, that's abandoned! Def. stick a complaint in to the postal service/courier, they haven't fulfilled their contact. Actually, since the contract was between them and the seller you might need to ask the seller to complain too.

As for the box, yes it's annoying and certainly not how I'd have packaged it either, but unless it was a rare pedal where the box was/would in future be seen as an asset I'd not worry about it myself.

I've got OCD about stuff like this and it would rile me. I've built up a goodly collection of packing materials by keeping the stuff that's been sent to me by other BC'ers, so I've had good service from fellow members.

Although I did receive a bass in a hard case once that had a weird pong to it, although my brand new Spector case smells like baby-sick, so there you go.

Anyway, as long as the kit is all working and that is the main thing, but yes, I can see how this would take the shine off.

Edited by Billy Apple

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1434346226' post='2798725']
I've got OCD about stuff like this and it would rile me. I've built up a goodly collection of packing materials by keeping the stuff that's been sent to me by other BC'ers, so I've had good service from fellow members.

Although I did receive a bass in a hard case once that had a weird pong to it, although my brand new Spector case smells like baby-sick, so there you go.

Anyway, as long as the kit is all working and that is the main thing, but yes, I can see how this would take the shine off.
[/quote]

You were treating it like a new baby on Sunday though Sean... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW thanks ;) ;)

I once received a bass in a bin liner delivered by my hermes, which they left on my door step all day whilst I was at work iin full view of the main road into central London.... despite long odds to the contary, I arrived home and there it was, untouched and not a scratch on it.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1434448639' post='2799599']
I once received a bass in a bin liner delivered by myhermes, which they left on my door step all day whilst I was at work iin full view of the main road into central London.... despite long odds to the contrary, I arrived home and there it was, untouched and not a scratch on it.
[/quote]

God, myHerpes are really crap. To the extent that if I'm buying something from BC I'll tell the seller that I would be happy with delivery by any means, EXCEPT for myHermes or Yodel. All couriers have scare stories associated with them, that's just statistics, but I've had proportionately more rubbish experiences with myHerpes than any other courier, with Yodel coming a close second.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1434449179' post='2799605']
God, myHerpes are really crap. To the extent that if I'm buying something from BC I'll tell the seller that I would be happy with delivery by any means, EXCEPT for myHermes or Yodel. All couriers have scare stories associated with them, that's just statistics, but I've had proportionately more rubbish experiences with myHerpes than any other courier, with Yodel coming a close second.
[/quote]

Yeah me too, hence my surprise it was intact... It was a crap bass though :mellow:

Edited by CamdenRob