Why become a member? ×

Sad news for Rich Bitch Studio

bonzodog

Yeah, rehearsed there for years and it's a shame it has to go. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner though, never struck me as a well run business.

Be a boost for the 10,000 take always on that road fighting for the pissed up student trade.

Its a shame whats happening to Selly Oak, most of the old terraced houses have been turned into badly converted student hovels managed by ripoff letting agents. There a concrete and glass monstrosity going up in front of the university, when its finished I doubt if you'll be able to see the clock from the road,

Never used Rich Bitch much myself. not the worst rehearsal place in Brum, but I was never impressed with the knackered gear and smelly rooms. Maybe it was good in its day but that was a long long time ago.

student accommodation!

what could possibly go wrong that would piss off the local residents :huh:

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1431779685' post='2774903']
The problem is that there is so much money in this sort of development that the odd ten grand here and there to the planning committee barely registers.
[/quote]

most definitely this - if youve ever wondered just how much profit there is in these ventures just look up the annual returns for a company like liberty living

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1431784414' post='2774965']
student accommodation!

.. if youve ever wondered just how much profit there is in these ventures just look up the annual returns for a company like liberty living
[/quote]

Bubble's gonna burst in Birmingham sooner or later. I know we're got 3 Unis (at least, depending on how you define them!) but there is a finite number of students. Student residences are springing up all over the place.

[quote name='steve-bbb' timestamp='1431784414' post='2774965']
student accommodation!

what could possibly go wrong that would piss off the local residents :huh:

[/quote]

What local residents ? The indigenous Selly Oak locals moved out years ago. I had a lot to do with Selly Oak at one time, never lived there, but have had 2 businesses there.

Now my daughter is at the University and lives there. I can hardly recognise it.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1431784717' post='2774967']

Bubble's gonna burst in Birmingham sooner or later. I know we're got 3 Unis (at least, depending on how you define them!) but there is a finite number of students. Student residences are springing up all over the place.
[/quote]

The University is taking loads of paying foriegn students - thats where the money is.

But anyway, back OT, I suspect I will miss RBs - in fact, already starting to get a bit misty eyed about the cream-coloured sofas, and about the fact that I will now never come to understand what the 'Ultrabass' switch does on the Behringer Ultrabass amp in the Green Room ...