Why become a member? ×

Chinese Fodera Inspired Copy **FINISHED PICS**

mrn1989

Now that people have mentioned the bridge not being bang on centre of the through neck, I had a closer look at my Harley Benton 7 string. Its bridge isn't bang on either. On the treble side, the bridge extends to the outside of the outermost nato strip, but on the bass side, it only reaches maybe 1/3 across the matching narrow nato strip.

I never even noticed this before, but have to say that I'm not that worried.

Edited by Annoying Twit

[quote name='Annoying Twit' timestamp='1434092355' post='2796522']
Now that people have mentioned the bridge not being bang on centre of the through neck, I had a closer look at my Harley Benton 7 string. Its bridge isn't bang on either. On the treble side, the bridge extends to the outside of the outermost nato strip, but on the bass side, it only reaches maybe 1/3 across the matching narrow nato strip.

I never even noticed this before, but have to say that I'm not that worried.
[/quote]

If you've never noticed it chances are no-one else has :)

I would much rather they mounted the bridge slightly off centre than mounted it in the centre and it ending up out of alignment with the neck...

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1434095989' post='2796553']
I rest my case....
[url="http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Custom-Firebird-Shaped-8-Strings-Electric-Bass-Purple-Finish-Ebony-Fingerboard-Neck-thru-Body-consctruction/32363388956.html?spm=2114.32010308.4.46.8vgAJS"]http://www.aliexpres...308.4.46.8vgAJS[/url]
[/quote]

Seller has a sense of humour too....!

I have got a couple of 'Chibson' Les Paul's and I can assure you that they are not sh*t. You get what you pay for. They are very well made and finished off, the main areas to be ready to address are the electrics. The pups may be of Epiphone standard if you are lucky and they put 250k pots in them. A friend of mine who is a luthier was well impressed and said the wood was mahogany and it was a proper maple cap, not photo film or whatever. I also got the Chinese to chamber the guitars to drop the weight as I have Osteoporosis, which they did. I got them as projects and rewired them and put good pups (Iron Gear) in them and they play and sound great. I know they are not basses but I have attached a couple of photos to let you see what they look like. I also have no intention of passing them off, I have the real thing and when standing side by side anyone with half a brain can see the differences. Cheers

[quote name='dougieb' timestamp='1434629996' post='2801332']
I have got a couple of 'Chibson' Les Paul's and I can assure you that they are not sh*t. You get what you pay for. They are very well made and finished off, the main areas to be ready to address are the electrics. The pups may be of Epiphone standard if you are lucky and they put 250k pots in them. A friend of mine who is a luthier was well impressed and said the wood was mahogany and it was a proper maple cap, not photo film or whatever. I also got the Chinese to chamber the guitars to drop the weight as I have Osteoporosis, which they did. I got them as projects and rewired them and put good pups (Iron Gear) in them and they play and sound great. I know they are not basses but I have attached a couple of photos to let you see what they look like. I also have no intention of passing them off, I have the real thing and when standing side by side anyone with half a brain can see the differences. Cheers
[/quote]

How would you compare the quality of the Chibsons to the quality of Les Paul copies that would cost about the landed cost of a Chibson? Something like a Michael Kelly Patriot, Vintage V100, Revelation RLP, Chinese Tokai or a PRS SE Standard?

I've seen reviews of Chibsons that suggest that they are in the ballpark of cheaper Les Paul copies such as the upper end (for Harley Benton) Harley Bentons. What would you say?

I have found the quality to be very good in respect to the construction and quality of build. The Chinese are getting very good at this, also I think they concentrate on the build quality as they know we are going to yank the electrics. I think the ones I have a superior to the guitars you mentioned, but only after I redid the electrics and pups on them, that is my own subjective opinion obviously.

Wow, they've gone for it on this one, they've even got the headstock pretty much right >>
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Active-Pickups-Custom-JUGG-Butterfly-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Rare-Guitar-Natural-Finish-Alder-Body-Maple-Rosewood/1006237_32348128205.html

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1434646350' post='2801511']
Wow, they've gone for it on this one, they've even got the headstock pretty much right >>
[url="http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Active-Pickups-Custom-JUGG-Butterfly-Electric-Bass-Guitar-Rare-Guitar-Natural-Finish-Alder-Body-Maple-Rosewood/1006237_32348128205.html"]http://www.aliexpres...2348128205.html[/url]

Eude
[/quote]

It is sometimes said that they will use photos of the genuine item on Ali Express, but what is received is different. I'm sure I remember someone on a forum discovering that photos of a guitar that he owned were being used on Ali Express.

Here is my advise, if you want to buy something over there, buy from someone with 100% positive feedback...

When searching, do check the "Top-Rated" item.

And always ask for real pictures of what you desire, in one word : chat !!!

The pictures used by all sellers are the same as everything comes from the same factory : [url="http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Factory-custom-shop-Fodera-bass-guitar-Fodera-Butteryfly-Deluxe-Electric-bass-guitar/32354997060.html"]http://www.aliexpres...2354997060.html[/url]

I'll wonder if mm1989 has received its "Fodera" ?

Tony.

[quote name='mrn1989' timestamp='1434703378' post='2801939']
I certainly have, video will be coming this weekend.
[/quote]

Could you please just give us a short paragraph summary of what it's like.

As may be obvious from some of my posts, I'm a bit cynical about some of the 'chibson', 'chickenbacker' stuff. However, from the photos your bass looks pretty damn good and I was wondering what it plays and sounds like.