Why become a member? ×

What do you mark your mixer channels with ?

Les

White electrical tape and a sharpie. Also very useful for putting across the travel of the faders to stop anyone pushing it up when you are not looking (as has happened at weddings etc. where a drunk 'expert' tries to 'help' with the sound).

You can also use low tack artists tape, but, given that when the electrical tape comes off, another bit goes over it - I don't worry about the slightly sticky residue it can leave. You get a great contrast with black on white, and I find in low light it works very well.

I've seen little magnetic strips available on ebay.. it might be a slightly expensive solution but prevents any mark or damage to your console plus it's easily re-configurable. If it's a digital desk you can probably name the channels (as per my 328XD) and/or put symbols (a la LS-9) of whats where..

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1431248539' post='2769093'] Depends how many channels you use and depends on how many bands get to use it..?? Most consistent users have a system and would use the same channels anyway..? [/quote]

9 channels and no one but us. same every night but I still need them labelled.

White LX tape and a Sharpie here too. Even on an LS9! The decent stuff is easily removable and leaves little to no residue behind. Awfully fond of the "scribble strip" LCD screens increasingly found on new digital desks though. Much more elegant solution!